This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Season 14 ep 4 South Park called You Have 0 Friends. Did kips parents know he and kyle were facebook friends?
03-24-2014, 11:15 AM
Season 14 ep 4 South Park called You Have 0 Friends. Did kips parents know he and kyle were facebook friends?
In this episode kyle friends a kid with 0 friends name kip drordy. Kip is very happy and tells his parents about his new friend. I thought after watching the episode that his parents did not know he and kyle were only facebook friends. But my friend INSISTS that Kips parents did know that they were only facebook friends. Could someone please settle this for me. Thanks.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 11:17 AM

As far as I'm concerned Kip's parents did NOT know Kyle was only a facebook friend. Multiple things lead me to believe this.

1. When Kip first tells his parents he made a friend he never mentioned facebook. He just said "I made a friend"

2. A little while later Kip runs in and tells them some stuff about Kyle (obviously for us things from his status) but after he leaves.
Kip's dad: "They sure are getting to know each other."
Kip's mom: "It's amazing. You know Kip spent the morning at the boy's farm."
Dad: "His friend lives on a farm?"
This implies they think Kip was talking about a real life farm, not a crappy facebook one.

3. At dinner Kip asks if he can go "hang out with Kyle and tell him what I had for dinner" his dad suggests it is late but because it is a friday it is okay. Once again obviously thinking he's actually going to leave the house.

4. Finally and most damning.
Dad: Honey, where's Kip? I haven't seen him all day.
Mom: No, he's been out spending the whole day with his best friend Kyle. I think they're at the movies now.
Cut to Kip sitting in a theater with a laptop showing Kyle's profile on the seat next to him.

If Kip's parents knew Kyle was only a facebook friend I'm pretty sure even in the messed up town of South Park, they'd be worried about him spending time like this.

Ads

03-24-2014, 11:23 AM

This is a very funny episode of South Park. I have watched it twice already since it aired and to answer your question, it's a somewhat of an ambiguous situation when it comes to kip and his parents. In my opinion they think he's found a real friend because there's a part where the mother or father asks where kip is, and the other parent replies "he's at the movies with his new friend". So I would think they are not aware of the "Facebook.com" situation. There's a few other situations that occur with his parents where they sound clueless that kip is talking about an online friend. So I would say you are *Correct*, and your friend is not.

-Hopefully my answer settles this with you and your friend, if you're still not sure and you want to watch it again to analyze it further and settle the situation with your friend, you can watch the episode here:

http://www.wisevid.com/play?v=5A_gJv9-qfbb