This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What is your HONEST opinion of this art work?
03-24-2014, 04:22 PM
What is your HONEST opinion of this art work?
I wanna know EXACTLY whats wrong with it, and what dont you like about it. Any critiques would be helpful. http://instagram.com/p/jzzaYHDZp8/

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 04:22 PM

I really really like it! Is it a self portrait? The only thing I can think of that might make it better is if you used another color along with the blue. The blue is really pretty, but using maybe a purple or gray along with it would really make it stand out.

Ads

03-24-2014, 04:23 PM

All that I can see is the chin because it seems too flat but otherwise great art.
Ignore when it said barbecue before lol
03-24-2014, 04:31 PM

It's really beautiful! I love how you used the blue ink too. There's always ways to improve but it's honestly really good.
03-24-2014, 04:39 PM

As it is your art, there can not be anything exactly wrong, per se,

It is of you creative license to make as you will, what every creations you wish, and the mediums of media preferred,

From that, the method used to apply the aqua blue shading as light a dark contours for facial features, in some places, have more of a mudding effect, instead of shadowing contours,
It is well place as shading, yet rough as though pastel on ink, if so, thats ok,

You have several pieces of artwork, all well done, and the variety implies that there are no bounds on having anything to be exactly defective or flawed,
03-24-2014, 04:40 PM

Nice, though HONESTLY, the lips seemed sewn ---looks a bit creepy.
03-24-2014, 04:46 PM

the area around the chin is distracting. learn to understand the structure of the chin. all you're basically doing is copying a photo and it's shadowed areas without an understanding of it.

if you're going to copy a photo, get a good photo. this one and it's shadowed area has confused you.
look at this http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9G...HxfRZVIxiv it is almost identical in pose. the artist chose NOT to break up his shadowed area into smaller shadows as you have done. the result is his head looks "fuller". btw if you're going to copy, copy a master drawing,,,you'll learn more