This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is 13 too young for an iPhone?
03-24-2014, 04:25 PM
Is 13 too young for an iPhone?
My step mom thinks im too young for a smart phone but I dont have any social media so idk why she thinks that so what do u think? Am I too young? Everyone tells me I am very mature and responsible for 13.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 04:34 PM

yes its too young, youre a kid you should be playing outside not complaining about wanting an iphone :/

Ads

03-24-2014, 04:43 PM

For an expensive phone like that? Yes. I mean I don't even have an Iphone and I'm 17. Why can you get another smartphone? There are lots of options and they are easier to take care of and a lot cheaper.
03-24-2014, 04:48 PM

No, my cousin who is 10 has a iPhone 5
03-24-2014, 04:50 PM

I think it's bratty if you're insisting on a smart phone but I think you're old enough and that it's good for you to have a phone of some kind.

I think that 13 year olds should have phones for safety, yes I know, people used to get through their whole lives without phones but now that they do exist I think they are a good and useful thing.

Also how many people played outside at 13? If by playing outside you mean playing hide and seek or on swings or playing out with your dolls then me and my friends had stopped doing that by 13 simply out of not wanting to do it anymore because it was boring, 13 year olds aren't little kids, they're young teenagers, I wanted to go to the beach and shopping with my friends when I was 13 and without a phone it would not have been as safe for me to do this because my parents wouldn't have been able to contact me so they wouldn't know where I was and if anything bad happened they wouldn't know about it.
03-24-2014, 04:57 PM

Yes. You don't need one. Kids shouldn't even get iPhones. Now go outside and play like a good kid.
03-24-2014, 05:06 PM

You might be mature for 13, but not beyond that. You don't need a fancy phone at your age and parents that spend that kind of money for smart phones for kids are fools and their kids will expect everything from then on.
03-24-2014, 05:11 PM

There's not much point for a smartphone at that age, especially when you don't have social networks. If you really want a phone, decide on getting maybe a cheaper phone and convince your parents that you'll use it for "emergencies". Smile
03-24-2014, 05:18 PM

I would be fine with my 13 year old having an iPhone. But I would not be paying for it.

If you're mature and responsible enough to have an iPhone, you're mature and responsible enough to save up your own money to get one.
03-24-2014, 05:26 PM

I think it's fine and a good age for a cellphone. Doesn't matter that it's an iPhone. People automatically assume if you have one you're spoiled. That's not true. It's a cellphone, happens to be an iPhone. I say you should have one.