This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My man blocked me on social media?
03-24-2014, 04:26 PM
My man blocked me on social media?
Initially we were friends on fb and twitter, but he was adding women he didnt know to fb and I asked him to remove them because of flirty comments between them. It took weeks of arguing before he finally deleted them, but then he turned around and blocked me too from all social media. To me twitter is no big deal because its public, but fb is personal and too much shady stuff can go on in private. We have mutual friends though who have confirmed that he deleted those women, but still it makes me angry and uncomfortable that he keeps me blocked. He says its because I made a big deal about his "female friends" they aren't friends, they are strangers and he would not like it at all if I added strange men. At one point we even separated because I had to him if he couldn't add me then I couldn't do this, and he chose to break up, but we worked it out and he still won't add me...I'm seriously ready to end this. Sounds petty but after all I had good reason to be upset that he was chatting inappropriately and of course I'm wondering what he's hiding if he can't include me...how would you feel? Am I right to be upset even if he isn't flirting anymore? Mind you, he is 42!!
Together 3 years....but I refuse to proceed with marriage or family if this isn't resolved because I don't feel it's right and he thinks I'm overreacting
How is it controlling when he has a history of inappropriate behavior online?
I am 30

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 04:33 PM

You are trying to control him, and he's being stubborn and obstinate.

You are both acting like kindergarteners, so it's probably a good idea that you aren't proceeding with marriage plans.

Ads

03-24-2014, 04:35 PM

I agree with you. I think FB is pice of trash and gives people false imagery - you can say anythging trashy on FB and get away with it. That said, a relationship's foundation is trust. Trust can be as basic as your request,
"I'm uncomfortable with all these females you are adding as friends, please remove them." If he cares for you, he would remove them. Granted, men never give up easily, they almost always want to keep a female here or there for flirting only...so it could also help if you eased up a little unless of course the comments make you completly uncomfortable.
03-24-2014, 04:39 PM

So you know he is trying to replace you and you still want to be with him!!! SMH!! He let you know what was important to him when he decided not to add you as a friend to FB, he rather let you leave because he really can care less about you and knows he can replace you!! You know it too!! This is why you took him after he still decided not to add you as a friend!! This is always why he will never change!! He knows your not strong enough to move on so he will continue to look for your replacement while he is still with you!!! NEWSFLASH he is not your man!!!! You just think he is!!! You need to find someone who really cares about you but I know you won't because you have no problem letting treat you like crap!!!
03-24-2014, 04:41 PM

Then you never really worked out anything. He lied to you about agreeing to be your friend again on Facebook and hasn't followed through. He's 42 and likes to flirt with other women online, but how old are you? Why are you wasting your time on someone you don't completely trust? You should have just let him go.
03-24-2014, 04:51 PM

I would not ever dictate who my husband can and can not talk to . If anyone tried to tell me what I can and can not do on FB, I would block them.
03-24-2014, 04:53 PM

I would be interested in what you consider to be a flirty comment.

Here's the thing...if I were dating someone who openly flirted with women, he would not make the cut. He would be gone. You don't trust your bf. Why would you want to sleep in the same bed for the next 40 years of your life with someone you do not trust?

If I were 42 years old and my bf was acting like a jealous 16 year old and closely monitoring my FB activities...and then having other people spy on him for me...I would block my bf from social media also.

At 42, he is exactly as he presents himself. He is not going to change. If he is a flirt and inappropriate, he will always be a flirt and inappropriate. You are treating a grown man as though he is a boy.

Personally, I only married a man that I knew I could trust. I didn't have to wait for him to change. He was always that way. Let's say you decide that you've worked things through and get married. Five years from now when you are married and he is chatting inappropriately with other women in social media, you have zero right to complain. Huh? You know exactly who he is and you think that be tightly controlling him and treating him like a 5 year old boy is going to change him. You know who he is and if you get married to him, then you volunteer to have a husband who flirts with and is inappropriate with women on social media.
03-24-2014, 04:57 PM

You should spend more time f**king each others brains out and less time on FB and other crap!
03-24-2014, 05:02 PM

"he has a history of inappropriate behavior online"

Why are you still with him? Are you stupid or just desperate?