This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
isnt it invasion of privacy for your mum to read your text or facebook inbox?
03-24-2014, 04:37 PM
isnt it invasion of privacy for your mum to read your text or facebook inbox?
Basically my mum tried to read my facebook inbox and i was like erm no and she was like let me see it, and i told her the phone was for her because it rang thats when she gave me the fricking ipod back (imagine if the phone wasnt for her, she could've read it), she didnt read it but if she did i would feel so bad because there are personal things on there to my friends and i havent deleted them because im still inboxing them, its not finished. + she didnt read my text but again she tried to once, that's pathetic, and the annoys me, this is why i dont trust her, and i dont care if shes my mum, you might use the excuse she brought me the phone, but she didnt buy me my facebook did she? no, i created facebook on my cousins laptop, so no. I am so angry, i am a 14 year old girl and entitled to my own privacy. :/

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 04:42 PM

she's your mom,she can do whatever she wants until your 18.

EDIT:

however, I do understand where your coming from. I'm a 15 year old girl,and my parents insist that I have to be friends with them on Facebook so they can see everything. I believe you are entitled to have your own privleges of privacy to an extent.

Ads

03-24-2014, 04:43 PM

In my opinion it's definitely wrong for parents to invade their children's privacy like that with no good reason. Trust and respect should be a mutual thing, and although adults have more rights than children i still think that as a teen it's only fair to be given a certain amount of privacy with social networking etc.

The only time i think it's right for parents to read their child's diary/facebook/texts/chat logs is if they have genuine concerns about the safety of their teen, so if they think the kid might be self harming or thinking of suicide that would be a fair enough reason to invade privacy. If you're just a normal teen and aren't getting yourself into any kind of harm or trouble then have a word with your mum about mutual respect and trust and how you need to have some freedom now that you're a young adult.

:-)
03-24-2014, 04:50 PM

my mum does this and i get sooo annoyed! i think they are just worried about us or want to know what were up to but i agree its invasion of privacy...
03-24-2014, 04:57 PM

No
03-24-2014, 05:02 PM

I agree with you on some levels.
I'd be devastated if my mum went on my facebook or read my phone, I have so much hidden from her, which is probably a bad thing.

Your mum's probably trying to protect you, I know it doesn't feel like it, but she wants to know that you're safe online and with who you text/call.

Maybe talk to her about it and tell her that you would appreciate it if she backed off a bit.
03-24-2014, 05:09 PM

Everyone is entitled to ther privacy. I think it's wrong for parents read their kids' texts and facebook messages out of nosiness. I think it's only ok to do that if they need to for some reason or another.

My stepmom used to read my journal all the time. I hated it.
03-24-2014, 05:13 PM

Just don't give her your password. Not like she can hack your pc or I hope so Tongue, taking into account the average mother.

If she has a reason I would agree with her but without a reason to do so you don't read your kids diary either now do you?
03-24-2014, 05:19 PM

In my family that's invasion of privacy. My mon never reads any of my stuff or my brothers stuff. I usually tell my mom before hand so she Dosent have to read it
03-24-2014, 05:20 PM

I agree, you are entitled to your privacy, parents are rather overprotective nowadays, my parents never told me that i'm not aloud to drink, smoke, do drugs or have sex with whoever consents, still im not doing any stupid shit and my parents trust me.