This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
For a class debate I am debating why we need facebook. Any suggestions? Thanks.?
03-31-2014, 07:30 AM
For a class debate I am debating why we need facebook. Any suggestions? Thanks.?
For a class debate I am debating why we need facebook. Any suggestions or help would be awesome. Best answer gets 10 points! Thanks.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-31-2014, 07:34 AM

Saves the world millions of dollars, saving money on text and calls

Ads

03-31-2014, 07:36 AM

1) Because people are becoming prudes
2) Our society is becoming socially inept
3) People need less conspicuous ways of stalking each other
03-31-2014, 07:40 AM

There are a few reasons that I can think of off of the top of my head:

1. Business. Hundreds, i fnot thousands, of brand names have a Facebook. They're great for advertising.
2. Social. There are more than enough people looking for classmates and a place to talk with friends.

That's about it. :|
03-31-2014, 07:56 AM

I do not know if anyone needs it. For me, a senior citizen I have my maiden name in the hopes of finding some people I lost touch with over the years. That's why I have it.
03-31-2014, 08:06 AM

1) Advertising
2) To communicate with people that you haven't seen in a while.
3) It's entertaining... Big Grin
4) Good way to catch up on the 'gossip'.. haha
03-31-2014, 08:11 AM

I love debates :3

well a major one would be communication - Facebook had it's own email/message system as well as real time chat, it's not blocked by region and you can talk to people in other countries without any time gap and it's cheaper when compared to phone calls.

There's also the business advantages with advertisements opening up opportunities for businesses and consumers. the game applications are also a self run business that can be advertised and spread around Facebook to increase profit.

facebook is also becoming like youtube, where people can be discovered through a click of a button, and the privacy is so good that it provides people with a comfortable and stress free environment. It has a range of applications that can provide anything between entertainment and jobs.

You can also upload photo's and videos, so that your friends can enjoy every moment that you want to share with you. The fan pages can help you get insight into what's happening around the world. I've even done several assignments just from clicking the like button XD