This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How can I stop family from taking all internet bandwidth?
04-08-2014, 06:16 PM
How can I stop family from taking all internet bandwidth?
Whenever I play video games on my computer, my ping is always through the roof. It's directly caused from someone in my house who watches netflix day and night >:l My router is a Netgear/Versalink B90-755025-15 Modem and Router combined. It's only like half a year old. My ISP is like 6 mb dl speed but its hard for that to share over 4 computers. SO my question is there anyway that I could limit how much bandwidth the person who watches netflix all the time gets? I have done some research and all of the things I have seen (traffic shaper xp) etc only work for windows xp. I have read about QoS but I don't know if my router has that, and how do I find out?? Thanks so much for answering and sorry for the wall of text but this is so irritating.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 06:25 PM

There's nothing you can do.Your connection is good enough for Netflix and is ok for gaming but it's not close to what you need for both.If you can't get a better internet package I would suggest you work something out with the rest of your family.

Ads

04-08-2014, 06:29 PM

nothing you can do but find a faster ISP if available.