This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Friend gave full name and email to red light social center stranger, can they track her down?
04-08-2014, 07:12 PM
Friend gave full name and email to red light social center stranger, can they track her down?
Also what's the deal with that sight, what's the purpose of it? I've never been on it can someone tell me about it? Is it generally safe?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 07:17 PM

Yes, the stranger could track her down, depending if the stranger wanted to find her. It is very unlikely someone would travel to find her and kill her (if that's what you're concerned about). it is most likely your friend is safe.

Ads

04-08-2014, 07:23 PM

I've never heard of the Red Light Social Center before so I don't know what goes on there.

If they wanted to track her down I don't think it would be difficult at all, she gave her full name so a rudimentary search on Facebook would bring her up, or if they're computer whizzes on that site, they might be able to track her IP down and find out where she is in the world.

Giving personal information out across the web is not a good idea because you have no idea who's on the other end.

EDIT - If you're friend has a webcam I'd suggest covering it up, someone could hack it and record her.
04-08-2014, 07:29 PM

Just about everyone has something online that can be found by googling their name. If your "friend" doesn't have much of a life, there won't be much to find out about her. If she's involved in your school and/or community and her name has appeared in local media, then it would be possible to track her down - but why would anyone go to the trouble?

If your "friend" was on the site, you should ask her what it's like. You can also google the site's name for information.