This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
how do i move on?
04-08-2014, 07:13 PM
how do i move on?
my ex dumped me about 4 weeks ago, it was random, but what triggered it was the fact that he was moving away for work, so it meant lots of time apart which i wasn't happy about but was willing to compromise. he later decided to end the relationship because of this reason, that same day and everyday before that was perfect nothing was wrong and then boom! i never really got over it and i still can't seem to be moving on, iv deleted Facebook because i don't want to be stalking him all the time and seeing what his unto. anyways i just got on Facebook because i was really bored and of course i came across his fb so i started stalking and iv noticed he's friends with his ex gf... iv sort of death with the pain these couple of weeks but my heart feels like its shattered into a million pieces again. his friends with her brother and sister and everyone again. i know he was never over her, i was always insecure about that, and this just proves it. my question is where do i go from here, i know it sounds silly but i have this dumb heart that just doesn't seem to get over things and i hurt for a long long time and i don't know what to do. please don't say move on, as i don't know how to, people around me cope with these things so easily, and here i am still heart broken and i don't know how to let go. please please if there is something out there any information that will get my mind off it will help, i don't want to hurt anymore, i don't want to think about him, i don't want to care that he's back with his ex.. i know its normal to still have feelings, but not when it was a short relationship and you can't seem to let go of it, he was with his ex far longer than we were. also how should i act if i ever see him? what should i do.. i also msged him after the break up once he never got back to me. so he obviously doesn't are to reply back, should i even say hello? I'm just confused because he was ALWAYS ALWAYS the one that would contact me and tell me how much he cared about me, and how much he misses me, wanted me to meet his parents, wanted me to meet his friends. thats why I'm so confused. please help me i really am desperate to move on and i don't know how. also if it helps he has bipolar condition. if anyone knows its something to do with the condition please leave a comment i would greatly appreciate any info!!

thank you

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 07:18 PM

awwww hun...stay strong! I recently got dumped by a guy as well...broke my heart but hey, the good news is that you will meet someone even better than him! Good luck!!! Keep praying and stay strong

Ads

04-08-2014, 07:20 PM

If you were insecure, he surely picked up on that. Coupled with being away from you, he doesn't want to spend all his time reassuring you that things are fine. Guys like someone to have fun with, and being apart doesn't allow him to do that.
04-08-2014, 07:21 PM

Dont go in Facebook, and if u have an account u should block him. U wont be able to see his profile or nothing. Dont go looking for him. Keep yourself busy and the time will fly by, you will be over all of it without realising. Chin up and stay strong. U will find someone for you one day.
04-08-2014, 07:28 PM

Funnily enough I've just been broken up with, too! It wasn't until I started stalking that I started to think more and more about what if and what could have happened, and just generally wondering what he may be doing with his time. I know that he's close to other girls and he was ever since out relationship, which made me insecure as you are but I tried to defeat it - after all, we know how girls minds work, we are girls.

But listen, honestly - it's probably feeling like the toughest thing in the world. You start to think that you're getting better and then BOOM something hits you square in the face or you see him again or he pops up in your life - because he knows you're feeling better. My advice is to cut all ties with him - literally delete everything about him/anything social media/anything you can see that he's doing! It will only drive you crazy and that's never good!

Another thing - get rid of all photos and stop looking back. It's natural to run through all the memories you shared and how much you did together, what you felt about each other - why go back there! It's only going to upset you more and in order to accept that this is over you need to get rid of these things so that you can start to fade the feelings and hurt.

I promise - it does get easier!!! I'm still waiting for this to happen to me, hoping that I'll wake up and go a whole day without making myself over think about the situation. It's over - you deserve happiness and it will find you in time. Time heals a lot of things and plays a big part in healing hearts. Sooner or later, months, weeks down the line you'll start to feel a change in yourself. You'll find that you're not thinking of him so much - and when you do, it'll only be happy thoughts - no regrets or I wonders.

Last of all - try and stay hella busy!!!! Organize trips and fun days and even lazy days - but try and be with the people you love when you do so as much as possible. They should help you forget about things for a while and focus on the future. They'll make you laugh and should comfort you when you need it. I know that when I'm alone I tend to think 3869769x more. Seriously, just plan things. Make yourself have things to look forward to, stay away from happy love movies!!!!! Watch funny ones about how the ex gets revenge and funny movies - it'll make you laugh.

Be happy!! I know it's easier said than done but you'll find happiness when you least expect it, just finding yourself is the step you need to take first Smile You didn't need him before, you don't need him now. Hope this helps! Good luck x