This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can I handle SEO myself if I have no IT background?
04-08-2014, 07:15 PM
Can I handle SEO myself if I have no IT background?
I recently bought a domain, a hosting package and built a website myself by easy to use website builder provided by the hosting company.
I would now want my website to appear on search engines and get more traffic.
Is it easy to do this considering I have no IT knowledge?
Please help.
Thanks! Smile

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 07:17 PM

Absolutely.

Make sure your title tags, and header tags are relevant to the page, and semantically correct.

Make each page content rich - lots of words - and valuable. Most people miss the second one. What should people get out of visiting that page? Can they accomplish that?

Google ranks new content very highly, so start a blog. Write about your topic with keyword-rich, but real, blog posts as often as you can. Don't just write your keywords over and over again.

That should take care of Google liking your site when it spiders it.

Now you need links *to* your site. Comment on blogs. Answer questions on Yahoo answers :-) Offer to write guest posts on popular blogs in your niche. Post on Facebook and Twitter. But remember, not just "check out my site" with a link. Add value, and include your link where appropriate.

Google will find your site quickly, but it takes time for their algorithm to trust your site. Chip away at it every day, and you'll see results over time.

Good luck!

Ads

04-08-2014, 07:19 PM

Its all depend upon how much time you can spend on it
If you feel you can spend time, try searching how to do seo you will find lots of material over internet
04-08-2014, 07:28 PM

Yes Gisele, Before the start SEO on your domain, I would like to suggest you to please read below guide, I believe its more helpful for you.

http://www.quicksprout.com/the-advanced-...-building/
http://www.quicksprout.com/the-advanced-guide-to-seo/

Share your views
04-08-2014, 07:38 PM

Hi there
Yes,You can do it but you need to learn SEO,html5,css3 and google algorithms when you are doing everything as well then only you will reach For your traffic goal otherwise if your are doing anything as wrong SEO methods ,you should be Banned and penalized by search engine.
Thank you
04-08-2014, 07:42 PM

The previous answer appears to be lifted from other sites like:

http://www.marketingmyjourney.com/blog/i...background

Better, longer lasting SEO tends to be gradual process, you may well be able to do it yourself, honest SEO involves little technology, there's a lot more tedious labor required.

According to the seach engines' idealized view of the world, you SEO would mainly be done by creating original quality content, provide you have some of the bet quality in your field other site will be linking to your information. Certainly creating quality content is an important factor.

Identifying valuable seach keyword phrases you want to rank for effects your content creation a bit.

In the real world backlinks continue to be an important factor, despite the search engine guidelines saying "any link creation for rank manipulation is a violation of out guidelines" getting backlinks is standard procedure in SEO, a new site in particular should go easy on link getting it should be easy for you to find the 2 or so links max you should add at the beginning, with tools like:

Here's a Search Engine Optimization primer by an SEO authority, too much of the stuff taught by others is out of date or simply inaccurate.
http://www.seomoz.org/beginners-guide-to-seo
04-08-2014, 07:43 PM

There are two parts of seo one is "On page seo" and second is "Off page seo".

In on page seo you have to learn about the website meta tags, CSS, HTML, website design, heading tages etc.

On the other hand in off page seo there are some activities that you can do easily without any technical knowledge.

You have to learn about the Google guidelines first if you are going to start off page activities like Article, directory, Bookmarking etc.

If you face any problem you can get solution from internet and other seo related forums and Q and A sites.
04-08-2014, 07:44 PM

The other anwsers are to long!

Trying a place like Fiverr is a cheap way to boost your rankings.... but you can also hurt your rankings...

I recommend Filling in the tags and headers and titles correctly and just having good content....
Slower building process but overall a great way to get ranked... (Google likes good content)

Hope this helps!
Justin
04-08-2014, 07:51 PM

Ya off course! I believe this is no herculean task. No matter what sort of background you come from, only you have to invest certain amount of time to flip through the SEO tutorials and learn from it.
04-08-2014, 07:59 PM

It is possible AFTER you have made yourself familiar with static SEO basics and with the latest SEO techniques. The only way to achieve this is to study online until you have enough knowledge and skills to start promoting your blog the way it should be done. http://weloveourhost.com/seo.html would be a good source to start with.