This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
GF is FaceBook Friends with ex-BFs?
04-08-2014, 09:37 PM
GF is FaceBook Friends with ex-BFs?
I am in 40s, divorced, kids.

She is in 30s, divorced, with one child.

We're getting serious. It's mostly good. Even talked a bit about marriage.

She is FaceBook friends with a couple of former BFs. I've gently suggested that she defriend them. She has politely declined, saying to do so would create an awkward situation with their mutual circle of friends.

She is not otherwise in continuing contact with either ex BF.

To be clear: she was sexually involved with both of them, but I am not worried about that being ongoing.

I do find it to be a thorn in the side of the relationship. If we were really to take a vow to "foresake all other," I would expect that to include defriending FB ex-BFs.

I don't want to be controlling. I don't want to twist her arm into this. But I do find this to be an impediment to the relationship deepening.

Your thoughts?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 09:44 PM

What is your question?

Ads

04-08-2014, 09:52 PM

I can't believe the number of people that get all bent out of shape due to facebook . . .

You're in your 40's and this is a question I would expect from a 16 year old . . .
It's just facebook, most people aren't all that close to their "facebook friends"
04-08-2014, 10:01 PM

So what if she is into who cares?
04-08-2014, 10:09 PM

You&#x27;ve been around the block
You know not to bring it up unless you want to look insecure to her.
If she wanted to be with him, she would be.
If you find out she wants him. Let her go because you know you can&#x27;t so it at that point. My advice is to have a little faith in people. I&#x27;m sure the last thing she wants is an insecure guy causing her headaches over an ex she may have no interest in. Hire much will she want you then.
04-08-2014, 10:11 PM

it would really bug me to. if she really wants to spend the rest of her life with you then why is she adamant about keeping her ex&#x27;s friends? i&#x27;d say look at the number of friends she has. if she&#x27;s the type to have like 500 or 700 friends, then it doesn&#x27;t mean anything. however if sge only has around 50 or 100 friends, the the few she keeps actually do mean something to her and then you should confront her about it.
04-08-2014, 10:12 PM

Honestly are you sure you are in your 40s? Because you are acting like a teenager over this. SO WHAT!! She isn't with them, she is with you and you even state "I am not worried about that being ongoing". So then why do you need her to defriend them if you are not worried. You obviously have insecurity about it. They have mutual friends and has told you it would create an awkward situation. I am FB friends with one of my ex-boyfriends, he is happily married with kids. I am also FB friends with all my ex in-laws as well. To me they are family still and always will be.

If you can't handle her being FB friends with her ex's then you need to end the relationship.
04-08-2014, 10:21 PM

If you aren't happy with what the woman is doing then let her know. Sometimes people don't care about anyone's feelings. If you are on Facebook then delete the account soon. Sometimes people do things like that to make the other person jealous.
04-08-2014, 10:24 PM

If you aren't worried about anything ongoing...they leave it be. Who are you all of a sudden - the ex-boyfriend Facebook police? Get over yourself already!
04-08-2014, 10:27 PM

The number of people who make Facebook the center of their universe astounds me!
Not only do I not have an account, I never have, never will!
Facebook is the ultimate privacy infringement and most people don't see that