This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
short url vs .com domain name's keyword strength, seo google rank?
04-09-2014, 12:01 AM
short url vs .com domain name's keyword strength, seo google rank?
please help i've looked for answer and it's unclear. from my understanding using a country code like .co.uk will rank just as well as .com if not better for that country when using google.co.uk, but if using google.com a dot com or dot net is better. i also read that if you use url short like bitly that google gives the favor to the landing page - - - okay so my question is; how does it affect the strength of the domain keyword.itself? for example how does lawnmow.er compair to lawnmower.com. (lets say in this case all other seo factors were equall between the two) - - - Will google read lawnmow.er as "lawnmower" ? And obviously .com is the best choice but how much worse is a country domain? (and i mean lawnmow.er vs lawnmower.com , and not lawnmower.er)

thank you much !

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-09-2014, 12:07 AM

Forget about seo in this instance. What is your market?

Is it just the UK or is it worldwide? If in your example for lawnmower you want want a UK domain if its for selling/repairing lawn mowers but if it for generic information on lawn care it could be a .com

Ads

04-09-2014, 12:17 AM

You are making a simple theme to complicate.

For worldwide I would use .com .net
For Uk use .com.uk - you will have better ranking in uk
Australia use .com.au -you will have better ranking in Australia

There is not preferences from google, all you need to do is follow google guidelines.