This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How can I get to know this guy who is a loner?
04-28-2014, 12:44 AM
How can I get to know this guy who is a loner?
This guy is a freshman in college and he is normally by himself, he doesn't smile often and when others laugh loudly he just barely cracks a sly smile. He doesn't say much, but what he does say is extremely well thought out, he sounds like he is a very educated and wise man. However any social interaction or attempts to prod into his world is met with an elusive sly escape. (socially, he spins the conversation) I have never witnessed him being rude, but he is always polite, humble, and clean. I know he is super smart, for I have seen some of his work he has been doing when I attempt to interact with him.

How can I get to know a guy like this? Is it even worth the effort?
He usually wears sweaters, polos, or sweater vests.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 12:48 AM

This guy seems interesting. To know him could help you to develop your mind and get good results in class.
A rule of thumb for connecting is: meet people where they are. In this case: in the first place dealing with challenging intelectual issues.
Be your intellectual best, ask yourself deep questions and ask for his thoughts.
Don't ask personal questions for months.
He might be a closet gay, a closet married man with 4 children, a closet millionaire, a closet published poet or recently been released from prison or an asylum. He obviously does not want to go into specifics.
Respect this. Meet him where he is, not where you want him to be.
If you do not feel comfortable with this, look for people who spill everything on Facebook, even the utterly boring details.

Ads

04-28-2014, 12:54 AM

He sound bout like be. Just talk about space the moon. Kid cudi.