This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
how can we refresh the internet connection?
04-28-2014, 03:25 AM
how can we refresh the internet connection?
i mean, there should be a way.
rebooting the router, disconnecting everything for the whole night, ipconfig /renew, flush dns..

dunno, i'm a dummy at computers but i believe there should be a way to 'refresh' the internet connection, like how we 'refresh' the system when we reboot the computer.

can anyone tell me how, please?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 03:33 AM

Your talking about dropping your IP address and getting a new one, each IP address has a lease time with it.
If you get to command prompt and type IPCONFIG /RELEASE it will release your IP.
If your connected via a router then you need to log into your router and locate the command section in there that will do the same command.
You would then issue an IPCONFIG /RENEW command to generate a new IP.

To be fair I dont see why you would need to do this unless you have been doing things and are worried someone might try and track you, they will anyway - when you connect to the Internet your lease records your unique Mac address and this will be totally traceable to your unique network connection.

Ads

04-28-2014, 03:39 AM

ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew

This releases, and then renews if possible, your IP address for your Internet adapter.

Better yet, put both these commands in a batch file to quickly refresh your Internet connection. I do this on my systems with a batch file I created called 'ip.bat.' And, for added convenience, consider creating a shortcut to this batch file on your Desktop or QuickLaunch bar for one or two-click IP address release and renewal. You may want to add a "pause" command to ensure the Internet connection property refreshed its address before the batch file's DOS window closes.

Here's an example ip.bat:

@ipconfig /release
@ipconfig /renew
@pause