This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Google chrome install problem?
04-28-2014, 03:56 AM
Google chrome install problem?
I downloaded google chrome like an hour ago (sep, 2 11:00 pm), and I think I am having a serious problem. Google chrome never automatically started, and when I restarted the window (XP), nothing really happened. I went into the all program thing and try to start the chrome, but some window briefly flashed and nothing happend. I tried to uninstall the whole thing, but it would not run. I tried to use program add and remove tool on windows, but it simply didn't do. What should I do?
The whole thing looks really suspicious, and I just got an e-mail throw my school e-mail system saying that "security vulnerability notice was issued by US-CERT." The only way you can uninstall the program is by boot the computer in "safe mode" as ninthwomen suggested. So far, I uninstalled it and re-installed it for 8 times wiht no luck. If anyone get to work out, please let us know.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 04:02 AM

1) You should've gone to http://www.google.com/chrome/eula.html.

2) Click "Accept And Install". Let it run.

3) Wait for a box to appear. If no box appears, click the link provided. It should say "click here".

4) Wait for the installer to get done downloading. Then, go to the folder where your downloads go. If you never specified a download folder, it's most likely in C:/Users/Your Account Name/Downloads.

5) Open the installer. Be sure to close your current web browser first.

6) When it's done installing, it should open automatically.

Ads

04-28-2014, 04:08 AM

This also happens to me, and Elektrisk's answer doesn't help. The OP and me just installed the program the way Elektrisk says (duh, just download the installer and do what it says), but it DOESN'T WORK on my PC or the OP's one.
04-28-2014, 04:15 AM

Me too!

Have tried uninstalling and nothing on that either!!! Had to navigate and delete the files manually to have another go but.... no progress!

Any ideas?
04-28-2014, 04:25 AM

To uninstall .... Re-start computer in safe mode. Then proceed
from there as usual.

It's the only way to uninstall the flawed installation AFAIK.

My download did the exact same thing. Would not complete
installing.

Finally got rid of it now.

Edit 9/4 ... Glad I could be of some help, JB.

Also, I think it was Crash who mentioned he uninstalled
his through documents/settings. Here's the thing.
If it doesn't install correctly -- which is the problem
we all experienced -- those files do not show up
in documents/settings. I looked. But meanwhile,
Chrome is still listed in your programs and like the
guy after me said it does show up running on your
task manager for just a brief moment. And even
after all this time Gmail and Google Video are still
termed "Beta". So at this point I think that can be
somewhat misleading. JMO.
04-28-2014, 04:33 AM

I'm having the exact same problem. In Task Manager, the chrome.exe process shows for a split second and disappears.

I'm running Windows XP SP3. It could be a problem with the service pack installation; I'm going to try installing it on my XP SP2 installation that I dual-boot with.
04-28-2014, 04:38 AM

I know this does not answer your question - sorry.
I am anotherr user runner Windows XP Service Pack 3.
I can get it to download but that is it.
This is the error I am receiving. "Error 105 (net::ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED): The server could not be found"

I also deleted the program and reinstalled it with no luck. Would love to try out the beta but I can only spend so much time on something that looks like it should work but does not.
04-28-2014, 04:39 AM

I couldn't run or uninstall Chrome on my PC with SP3 either. When I try to run it, a dialog briefly pops up, but not long enough to read it. It looks suspiciously like the program crashed, do you want to send to Microsoft dialog but I can't be sure.

I have it installed on another PC without any problems. I guess I'll have to wait for Google to fix the install/run problem.
04-28-2014, 04:45 AM

You see the problem is that google chrome is still under development and it still has bugs in it ofcourse mine worked perfect i just uninstalled it because i didn't really need it, just try to erase it by usual file deleteting i don't really remember where was it destination folder it was something like C:\Documents and Settings\"User Name"\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\Application\ Installing beta programs sometimes can not only cause you're os
misfunction but also system crash so don't rush to install beta programs. Smile
04-28-2014, 04:48 AM

A lot of people seem to be having the same uninstall issue... Google update/install seems to want to keep running. After Uninstall goto>taskmanager>googleupdate & and end process tree, then goto>documents&folders>yourname>localsettings>applications>Google
and delete the file or folder... if access is denied because it is write protected or in use (even after shutdown in TaskManager), then google an app called 'unlocker' it's free and will unlock the 'handles' to any program, so you can delete.

Hope this helps,
JJ