This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why does my wifi work but not internet?
04-28-2014, 09:58 AM
Why does my wifi work but not internet?
I know it sounds weird but wifi works. The problem is that the internet and server doesn't work.

Then, at some time throughout the day, the internet works perfectly for 3-4 even 5 hours.
Then, suddenly, for another 3 hours or so, the internet doesn't work even though the wifi is connected very very well.

I don't know what the problem is. Because i'm in korea, i don't understand what they're saying.
Please help??????? (it's working now, but i fear it's gonna turn off again)
Side note: I'm using an Apple Laptop

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 10:03 AM

If it's working now that's good but in future...

Go to System Preferences > Network > Assist Me > Diagnostics
You laptop will attempt to repair/identify the problem.

If after resetting the router/modem you still can't connect online and see a usually red light flashing on internet/broadband you may need to contact your internet service provider. It sounds like you're not getting a internet signal.

If you plan on living in South Korea you should consider learning to speak Korean.

Ads

04-28-2014, 10:06 AM

>when internet kicks off disconnect the router and connect ur laptop to modem and see if direct connection is working fine, so that u can isolate the issue, it might be with isp as well
>once confirmed, then u can try resetting and re configuring the router along with wireless
>monitor for intermittent connection in wired and wireless connection as well.
>if still issue persists then update the firmware for the router

Hope it helps