This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
should i wish my ex's son happy bday on fb?
04-28-2014, 05:56 PM
should i wish my ex's son happy bday on fb?
its my ex's son's bday today (teen). i'm trying sooo hard to get over him(my ex lol) and haven't contacted him or his son since the split 7weeks ago. His son still remains a 'friend' on my fb. Should i wish him Happy Birthday or is that a bad move? sounds trivial but my ex (if he hears about my message)may think its a way of me hanging on? which my heart wants to do but my head knows its the wrong thing to do, yet i want to be friendly.opinions please?xx

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 06:12 PM

who cares what he thinks. it's the kid's birthday, wish him one if you wanna!

Ads

04-28-2014, 06:19 PM

hey just message him there is nothing wrong with that your just wishing him a happy birthday. it's not like you telling your ex you want him back.
04-28-2014, 06:23 PM

its got nothing to do with your ex, if you want to wish him happy birthday then whats stopping you Smile
04-28-2014, 06:38 PM

I don't see anything wrong with you wishing his son happy birthday there is no reason why you cant remain friendly with his son he did nothing wrong
04-28-2014, 06:40 PM

I think it's fine,it doesn't indicate anything other than being friendly
04-28-2014, 06:49 PM

Just send the kid a happy birthday. No one can criticize that.
04-28-2014, 06:50 PM

Just say "Happy B-Day" and that's it. There will be many messages on his wall and he probably won't think twice about it. Even if you ex does find out his opinion doesn't matter. You worrying abou what he'll think is giving him further control over your life. If you care what he thinks it shows more of you holding on.
04-28-2014, 06:52 PM

Be a grown up about it your just being kind to the kid and if you guys reminded friends on fb then i dont see the problem of you saying happy birthday to him, just do it!!
04-28-2014, 07:02 PM

Sure - just be very brief about it and simply say, "Hope you have a great birthday" or even just, "Happy birthday" I wouldn't say anything more than that or put a lot of punctuation on it (like exclamation points or smileys) so that there is no room for any misinterpretation on your ex's part.

I am FB friends with my ex's mother, 3 sisters, and brother-in-law. He and I dated for 4 years and were planning to get married so I got really close to his family. We might have broken up but that doesn't mean my friendship with his family had to end. I just make sure I keep the conversations we have about me and them and do not involve him in any way.