This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
is my internet connection being hacked?
04-28-2014, 07:17 PM
is my internet connection being hacked?
i kinda feel like my internet connection is being hacked.its slow on morning but when it is 9pm the speed is back to normal without doing anything.or is it just my internet provider is cheating me. how will i know if my internet connection is hack my internet is not wireless
if the problem is many people using internet im my area why does it only started about two weeks ago?before that it has no problem i need help my internet provider is a trash they dont give proper service

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 07:22 PM

I don't know, but it's not because you are being hacked.

Ads

04-28-2014, 07:25 PM

You're not being hacked- it's nearly impossible to hack a wired Internet connection. What happens is that you and everyone else in your neighborhood have small wires coming out of your homes. Those wires are all connected to a single big wire that goes out to the world. It helps if you actually think of this like an information highway. During the day, lots of your neighbors are probably also on the Internet, sending data down the ramps to the highway and you get a traffic jam. At night, the traffic eases up and you can go full speed ahead.
04-28-2014, 07:33 PM

Depends on your provider.... sometimes if a lot of people in the area are using the internet, your cable connection will be slowed due to a shared connection. DSL service has down time sometimes and can be slow for a while, but not often. If you are not using a wireless router.... chances are no one is hacking your internet.
04-28-2014, 07:42 PM

when alot of people use the internet at once it goes slow people proably get off around 9 that's why it proably goes faster at that time
it wont go slow if your hacked and if it was hacked then you wont be able to do some stuff
and things will pop up if your hacked
if you want it to go faster do your disk cleanup
04-28-2014, 07:51 PM

This is common for cable users. You're sharing your cable line with every other cable internet user in the area so if there are a lot of people on, your connection will be slow.
04-28-2014, 07:57 PM

Your connection isn't being hacked. During the day there are times that most people of the same Internet Service Provider are connected, and using the net. Which is the cause to the slower connection. No worries.
04-28-2014, 07:59 PM

Try to ask the internet provider customer service line for the reasons behind the slowdown and how to fix it.

You can also ask them for directions (or take the computer to a technician) to detect and resolve viruses and hacking attempts.
04-28-2014, 08:03 PM

you computer is not being hacked.
04-28-2014, 08:05 PM

Its called traffic congestion, happens all the time with users who use the wireless data cards as their primary internet connection, Unfortunately no way around it unless you move. The more people that use the internet the slower your connection will be.