This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Proper internet without landline?
04-30-2014, 05:38 PM
Proper internet without landline?
What do I need to get adsl (or the like). I haven't got a home phone/landline service.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-30-2014, 05:51 PM

Hi from France ♫

Try Wifi (public one).. It works really well here, it's like DSL ! However I live in a building (3rd floor) and that helps to catch better Wifi ...

Best

Cat.

Ads

04-30-2014, 06:05 PM

now a days, Internet conneciton is not depended on land phone !!
u can try wifi or wimax or something like this any kind of broadband conneciton
04-30-2014, 06:20 PM

I am pretty sure in every country you need a landline to get adsl, since the signal rides on top of the voice line. So you will get charged for a standard phone line and all the taxes that every country piles on that, plus the adsl fee. And adsl isn't even available if you live in a rural area, because you would be over 5.5 km (18,000 feet) away from a central telephone office.

I would look into WiFi (first choice) if there is a city not too far away with free WiFi; you can use directional WiFi antennas with some routers or combined antenna/ routers like the Ubiquity series that are mounted outdoors on the roof.

A second choice would be a 3g or 4g wireless (ie. cell tower) solution using a 3g/4g to WiFi hardware router (available at your cell phone stores). Or, if you have a smartphone, turn on the WiFi hotspot feature but be aware some cell data plans in some countries (like the US) try to bill you twice for using your own data.