This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My Computer has froze on 'Cant display the web page'?
10-15-2012, 09:26 PM
My Computer has froze on 'Cant display the web page'?
Ok, right, basically, i was just browsing on internet explore on my other computer (its windows 7) and it was all working fine, i was on facebook and watching a film, then suddenly the screen went full screen (like it does when you press F11) and went on the page saying 'internet explore could not display the web page' although the sound was still playing, so i turned it off and back on again, but every time I turn it back on, it just goes straight back to full screen and that page. I can't click anywhere. The task bar and everything has gone. The only thing i can do is go on CTRL-ALT-DELETE and it'll take me to that menu, but that's it and it doesn't help. I've tried everything, turning it off and back on, turning off the plugs and leaving it for a while, trying to close it with CTRL-F4, left clicking and all sorts!
PLEASE HELP! What do i need to do!?
Thanks! Smile x

P.S. When i turn it off it comes up with 'cannot exit' as a quick message, in case that helps.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-15-2012, 09:35 PM

Processor hogging? Turn off itunes, ipod, apple anything.

Ads

10-15-2012, 09:35 PM

On start up (before Windows loads) keep tapping either F5, F8 or F10 (be aware that some manufacturers use F8/F10 for system recovery) then use arrow keys to highlight 'Last known good configuration' hit Enter/Return, click on a user account, enter the password (if you don't know it, there probably isn't one so leave it blank) and hit Return/Enter.

If that doesn't work, try again, but this time highlight 'Safe Mode' hit Enter/Return, click on a user account, enter the password (if you don't know it, there probably isn't one so leave it blank) and hit Enter/Return.

Click the Start button>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools>System Restore, pick a date before the problem and confirm.

**Be aware that restoring in Safe Mode cannot be undone!**

©Techno