This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Search Engine Ranking | Search Engine Marketing | Seo Marketing | Seo techniques?
05-04-2014, 10:00 PM
Search Engine Ranking | Search Engine Marketing | Seo Marketing | Seo techniques?
I just started doing some SEO works into my new website and to tell frankly I'm was new to SEO.
I heard all over the internet that some of SEO gurus are not telling us their real search engine ranking techniques
how they got their website at the top of major search engines.

I beleive there are legit search engine ranking, search engine marketing, seo marketing,
seo techniques course out there and i wan't to learn more about these course.

Please share your free knowledge or any information about SEO search engine ranking, search engine marketing,
seo marketing, seo techniques or any free information you may have. Thank you n advance!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-04-2014, 10:00 PM

SEO is better understood as designing your website in a way as to appear higher in search engine rankings.
Ethical SEO techniques can be used to optimize the website and bring about huge return on Investments and increased visibility.

The higher a website ranks the more visitors would visit the website.
The SEO strategy focuses on what is searched for and all efforts are diverted towards how search algorithms work.

So What Does SEO Means?

SEO – (Search Engine Optimization) – is a website promotion strategy,
the goal is to get your site to appear at the top of majors search engine results under keywords or
phrases appropriate to your business or is the process of driving quality traffic to a website and improving the
volume without spending a dime on advertising.

Search engine ranking course i used is pretty works well!

Hope that helps

Ads

05-04-2014, 10:14 PM

There is white hat, black hat and something in between the two! Avoid black hat (paying for links). White hat is a bit slow to earn. Just keep learning, it takes months/years. Sorry I cannot tell you hard earned methods, but they are not obvious.
I would say start with good, basic SEO first. See what effect that has (should be quite good). Then it gets harder.Good content is most important - and I don't mean loads of keywords, I mean ux. Write your content FOR your visitors, write something YOU would find interesting and you're half way there.

Then validate your code - google w3c validator. VERY important.

Then get your description tags sorted also very important.

Then keep your page load quick - google website optimisation.

Then get on webmaster tools - submit a sitemap and check the HTML suggestions regularly - google will tell you if there's anything it doesn't like.
Do these things and I GUARANTEE you'll see an increase.

It gets harder after this. Page structure - make sure things are in the right order - title, h1, h2, paragraphs. Put your important keywords near the top.

If you've done all this, google wordtracker - find the popular terms and track your positions - if you want to move up, make sure these terms are in your title tags etc.

Even harder - build some links (genuine ones) and use the keywords in the links.

Then keep repeating all these steps whilst adding content regularly.
05-04-2014, 10:27 PM

I can recommend 3 tips that will guarantee you will improve your SEO ranking. I myself am a marketing expert, and know the fact that good vs. bad SEO can mean the difference between success and failure in your business.

For example, did you know, that if you are selling products worth $20 on average on your website, the difference in being #5 on the first page of Google and #1 on the first page is $2000 per month? That is calculated based on algorithms which calculate how many people click through in the first 3 search items in Google, vs. the next 3.

So, that said, here are the 3 tips to improve your SEO ranking:

1. Research. There is no shortcut. Apply the 10,000 hours rule, which states that anything you spend 10,000 hours on will be an area of expertise for you. A great place to start, with mostly free information, and free tools is http://www.seobook.com

2. Hire someone else to do it for you. In the beginning you may not be able to do this, but moving forward, you would need to consider it. You would not try and fix your car if you did not know anything about mechanics, right?

3. You may need to spend some money on some SEO tools. There are some that are fairly cheap, and then there are some that are more expensive, where you do not really need any experience.

I wish you luck in your business. Follow me on twitter if you want regular tidbits on SEO and business. @acedavidmaurer
05-04-2014, 10:32 PM

Different company have different strategies. Personally I do white hat jobs -
Submitting my sites in top social bookmarking sites.
Commenting on blogs. (Theme related) also commenting on .edu blogs.
classifieds and business listings.
Forums.
05-04-2014, 10:35 PM

I have been quite successful using 10-20 keywords per ad grouping. Really, any more keywords than that and you'll most likely damage quality score and decrease your sales. I get quite aggressive in terms of increasing conversions by continually building out new groupings based on the competitors. Below is my contact info, email me (or give me a quick call), and I'll spend time with whomever brainstorming a few other quick ways you could increase ROI in your account. My email is simon.b@resultsdriven.org or my cell is 302-401-4478.