This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How many wpm to put on my resume?
05-07-2014, 08:06 AM
How many wpm to put on my resume?
I'm 18, and I'm applying for a college-age paid internship for a video game brand. The internship requires that I keep up their social media to an extent, and help edit small videos, so typing skills are definitely encouraged. My typing speed can vary within 10 or so wpm depending on the day. I'd say my average when I'm copying something down is around 75, but I often test as high as 89. Remember, these tests are under five minutes, so they're probably not accurate of how I'd type over the course of a few hours. What number should I put under "skills"? Thanks.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-07-2014, 08:16 AM

I would put 75 but even if you said 60 that would be fine. They just want to make sure you know how to type at a decent speed.

Ads

05-07-2014, 08:18 AM

These tests are usually 5 minutes long. That is long enough to give a sample of typing skills, both speed and accuracy. Then they give an average.

Go with the lower score. It reflects the way you do when you make mistakes.
05-07-2014, 08:23 AM

Pass a certification test and put a real number. In any case, your typing speed is great.