This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Xbox not able to obtain IP Address?
05-10-2014, 05:15 AM
Xbox not able to obtain IP Address?
It's never able to obtain it and it says unplug the modem or router for 30 seconds and all that I do that like 500000000000 times but it still doesn't work how can I fix this I'm never able to play xbox live it's an Xbox 360

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-10-2014, 05:30 AM

Enter the network settings manually rather than having the console find then automatically.

For this you are going to need your IP Address, your Gateway Address and your DNS address. Easiest way to get those is to go to a computer connected to your internet, search the computer for CMD and launch the CMD program, a black box will appear in which you need to type;

IPCONFIG/ALL

A load of information will appear in the box so scroll up to where it starts and you should see everything you need. Take a photo or write it down.

Go to the network settings on your xbox, select your network, select Configure Network, select the first option and change to Manual, enter IP Address, Gateway and Subnet Mask (Subnet is 255.255.255.0) press Done, change second option to Manual and enter the DNS Address, it asks for Primary and Secondary but if the CMD program only shows you one then just enter it for both.

Test connection.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply