This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Word of Mouth is most powerful form of marketing?
05-18-2014, 07:36 PM
Word of Mouth is most powerful form of marketing?
How do you manage your Online Reputation? and do you think that Word of Mouth is most powerful form of marketing?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-18-2014, 07:49 PM

Word of mouth is only powerful if there is some kind of implied recommendation with it.... when people speak positively about you. The real power of on-line activity is the global spread... you can be as well known the other side of the world.... but if you are known as an idiot or a criminal it is hardly going to help.

Ads

05-18-2014, 08:01 PM

Reasons to be there

1. Half of the Internet world is on Social Media
2 Billion Internet users in World.
1 Billion are on Social Media
As we all know Content is the king - so great content will get you Thousands of visitors on your social media site. let me remind you its not easy. As every one has a different business, you need to re-invent your self to get different ways to get traffic to your site
05-18-2014, 08:03 PM

Haven't you noticed that computer users seem to be more angry and negative, than the "live" people you see everyday?

The most powerful form of online marketing is a shockingly LOW PRICE.

Printer Ink ONLY $3.95 For example.
05-18-2014, 08:14 PM

I would suggest reading "Word of Mouth Marketing" by Andy Sernovitz. His book gives real examples of how word of mouth either killed or expanded a business (one of my favorite business books). As for your online reputation, you can manage it by making sure that people are saying good things about you and saying it often. We monitor review sites (such as bizrate.com, pricegrabber.com, etc) to see what kind of ratings people are giving our service and products. We also give out free products to influential bloggers for them to write reviews and tell their friends about our company. Lastly, we have set up a google alerts and keep an eye on social media to notify us when our name is used online so we can address it as soon as it is posted. If you correct something quickly, it generally leaves a better impression on an individual than leaving it unresolved. Oh, and here's a link to buy that book:

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/listing/26...8190490054
05-18-2014, 08:19 PM

With sites like Yelp and others like it, word of mouth isn't just a local thing anything more, especially in a resort city like I do. Word of mouth is how people talk about your business on Facebook and other sites and how they review you on sites. It helps to have your business be spread via word of mouth online because your ultimate goal is to drive traffic to your site and/or business.
Managing my online profile means reading the information people are putting out about you and deciding what, if any, information should be replied to or addressed. I try to minimize that. If there is just hateful or wrong information put out, I'll contact the sites owner and ask for it to be removed.