This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why don't torrent sites get shut down?
05-23-2014, 02:34 AM
Why don't torrent sites get shut down?
I'm just curious, is there some legal loop-hole? Don't people work to get them shut down? For example, if a movie came out, wouldn't people who get paid to be part of the production go to the most famous torrent sites and work to get the highest seeding torrents and generally all torrents of their film online taken off? I don't know, sounds dumb, I'm just curious about it.
I get that some torrents are legal, but I was just thinking, if I was in charge of the production of a movie, I would have people go straight to Pirate Bay etc and have the films on there taken down, idk.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-23-2014, 02:35 AM

Because torrents aren't illegal. Torrenting is not illegal at all.

What you torrent is illegal.

Now that being said, people who run torrenting websites are generally untraceable and live in countries where it's not really enforced.

Ads

05-23-2014, 02:45 AM

That's kinda like saying why is Google not illegal?
There are many 'legal' torrents, it's sometimes a faster way of downloading large files and doesn't require expensive servers. Although there are many illegal files on torrenting website, there are still a lot of illegal stuff on google. Big Grin