This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is it fair to mock Waitrose customers like this?
05-23-2014, 10:31 PM
Is it fair to mock Waitrose customers like this?
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/ove...us-3425755

A Facebook page called "overheard at Waitrose" has been set up gently mocking the poshness of its customers. Is it fair to mock people for being posh?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-23-2014, 10:44 PM

I wonder was that Mrs Bucket!

Ads

05-23-2014, 10:50 PM

Poor and wealthy, educated and the lesser so. Able and unable a bit. We are all in it together.
PM Cameron didn't mention what we are in but the absence of a paddle makes that clear.
05-23-2014, 11:01 PM

One doesn't have to be posh to shop in Waitrose. If you want quality at a good price it is a good place to shop in. It is a pity that people don't find something better to do than take the rise out of others.
Looking at the remarks I would say that they are fabricated because I have never heard people speak like this when I have been in there.
05-23-2014, 11:04 PM

pssst - they're just made up
05-23-2014, 11:17 PM

Lol buy into the stereotype why don't you, half of the people I know that shop at our local Waitrose are Guardian loving, card carrying lefties and some are fairly skint........they just like the quality and the decent range of gluten free, lactose free, fair trade, free range and vegetarian foodstuffs that they can't get anywhere else.
05-23-2014, 11:25 PM

Tell you a funny story. The only supermarket car park I have ever had stuff stolen from my car was a ...Waitrose car park.!! They must have been desperate, it was in a Morrison bag !! Another example of the debt laden squeezed middle who like to flaunt their pretentions shopping at Waitrose methinks !!
05-23-2014, 11:40 PM

Yes, I think it is very fair...
05-23-2014, 11:53 PM

It's sad if people think that where they shop reflects their place in this world or social class
For goodness sake, anybody with any decent money would pay someone else to do their shopping
05-24-2014, 12:07 AM

It is fair to mock anyone,and everyone.
Shlts,sunnys and tea rowel manufacturers alike..
No " no mock " areas allowed.
All religion is a mass opiate,you just alter the delivery system.