This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
internet connection problem?
06-01-2014, 04:50 AM
internet connection problem?
i have this laptop and one day it just lost the connection to the internet....i went to the pc shop and he connected it to his internet cable and it worked fine....so i connected another pc to my line and i had internet connection too
So i dont know where the problem is?
Its not with my pc and not with the cable that connects to the internet
How can i fix this problem?
Please help me

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-01-2014, 04:53 AM

try reformatting your laptop, that seems to fix alot of dumb WINBLOWS problams..lol

Ads

06-01-2014, 05:08 AM

are you dial up or broadband, if borad band it may have dumped you connection in you need to reload it
06-01-2014, 05:14 AM

Are you connecting directly to the cable modem or are you connecting through a router? Sometimes you have to reboot your cable modem and/or you router. I actually had to buy my ouwn router because the one provided by Camcast was giving me trouble.
06-01-2014, 05:30 AM

try changing the port you are accessing by on the router. if the laptop has wireless, turn it off, unless you are using a wireless router also. no need to format, waste of time and data.

go to start, run and type 'cmd' (without the quotes). a screen will up up. when it does type:

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /renew

when its done, hopefully your internet works. it destroys and reloads your old sessions for your internet connection with the router.