This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Internet Connection issue (Freezing/High Latency)?
06-20-2014, 11:07 AM
Internet Connection issue (Freezing/High Latency)?
Earlier today I was on skype and i kept losing connection, then I went to play some world of warcraft I had over 1000ms latency, then i tried playing Counter-Strike: Source it freezes for about 5 seconds every 10-30 seconds. I know it's my ISP, I contacted them and they told me it could be my modem or the cable outlet(I'm with Shaw). Later today a technician is coming over to fix this problem. I just want to know what the problem is.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-20-2014, 11:23 AM

Troubleshooting as follows. Obvious stuff such as reboot your PC, reboot your Modem, make sure you have line filters on all outlets in the house, also try testing with a different line filter. Failing this it could be a line issue which the technician will asses. There are a myriad of reasons this could be happening but that's the basics. Also ask your ISP to disable interleaving, it will lower your latency further.

Ads

06-20-2014, 11:24 AM

I agree that it sounds like it may have been a modem issue. Have had similar once when it kept dropping connection.

They can get old, or, like ours, if the company increases their internet speed/bandwidth/whatever a current modem might not be able to handle it and need to be replaced.
06-20-2014, 11:41 AM

How are we supposed to know what the problem is? We aren't God! I don't care if that sounded rude to you or not, but this question is stupid.