This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What do you do when your friend says he can't be friends with you cause you don't like their religion?
11-09-2012, 09:50 AM
What do you do when your friend says he can't be friends with you cause you don't like their religion?
My friend just said that he can't be friends with me anymore because I oppose Christianity... And I'm not greatly opposed to it. I don't go around preaching that it's wrong or anything. I just don't find it all that progressive and like to share satirical posts on facebook about it. help? Sad

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 09:58 AM

find another friend

birds of a feather flock together

Ads

If your friend can't accept the fact that you dislike their religion, then they aren't your friends.

Good for him. He doesn't want to hear your garbage. While you're alone without friends, perhaps you can ponder why this has happened. When you're ready to accept truth, God will be there to hear it. Salvation is a free gift from God available to all who seek it. One day, you will be ready.

Well then your "friend" wasn't much of a Christian or a friend to you

Your friend needs a chill pill, and a sense of humor. I had a friend like that once...I mysteriously lost his number from my phone...

To mock somebody's religion on FaceBook is pretty insulting. I am a Christian as well, and if one of my friends started doing that against me I would probably be upset because my religion is something that is very important to me. I have plenty of non-Christan friends, but they all respect my religion and do not say anything at all against it. If they did, then they, in my mind, wouldn't be very good friends.

If you still want him as a friend, just accept the fact that he believes in something you don't agree with, and don't be against it and he should have no more problems with you.

well apparently he doesn't like your sharing (the satirical posts) because he finds them offensive. To stop the offending and him being hurt and he doesn't want to be swayed from his own religion nor does he wish to commit sin he would rather sacrifice the friendship. Not a problem. Just find someone who enjoys those satirical posts or be more sensitive to when you might offend someone, think first, and don't offend next time. When a person says stop they mean it. He's showing you that when he says no he means no.

i'd say that it is slightly wrong. you see, Christianity isnt just a religion, its sort of a part of that person. Our hope, morals, lifestyle, choices, and character rest on what Jesus told us. what happened to your friend happened to me too. i can personally tell you that it hurts. Christians dont just worship Jesus, we see him as a best friend too. just stop posting that stuff on facebook and if you want to share your opinions, maybe just talk to other people about it instead.

Maybe he just wants all his friends to encourage him and to be able to talk about God. So you make jokes about Christians on Facebook? Maybe that hurts him. You can apologize and stop doing that if that friendship means that much to you or just forget it.