This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
can someone get my IP address if I look at their facebook profile?
11-09-2012, 09:56 AM
can someone get my IP address if I look at their facebook profile?
I want to look at an old boyfriends profile on facebook. he is computer savy. Is there some sort of app etc... that allows someone to find out your IP address if you visit their facebook page? I dont want him to know I checked him out and he will if he sees my IP address in a particular town.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 10:04 AM

Not possible.

Ads

not that i know of... id say your fine to view his page.

i dont think they can from facebook but i no that they can from emails and other stuff that is sent from your computer

Nope

There are applications out there that can record ip addresses. The ip address is sent to the application website and the user logs on to view them. However not sure if it can be done on facebook. I know it can be done on myspace.

well i suggest you to use zone alarm fire wall it will show him an ip address however that will be fake.

No way unless they work at Facebook. There are apps that claim to - but BS all the way.

You need to have access to the Server so you can trace the inbound connections and even then they would need to be looking for you to know when you connected. Since I doubt the person has this access you can check their page out in safety

facebook would not be allowed to provide such information. although he could access your computer if he was that sad, he could have even watched you type out that very question! unlikely though... i wouldent worry, oh and if you are, connect to another network, like next door's, then he'd never know it was you.

No ......he cannot see your IP address