This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I need help understanding Twitter?
10-01-2012, 06:59 PM
I need help understanding Twitter?
I am very new to Twitter. Obviously I understand the whole concept and how it works, but I need a little help with managing my way through it. When I look at someone's page who i am following, it says every tweet they'd ever twitted (...I have a few problems with Twitter grammar too). Is there a way to see only the tweets they have twitted, not retweets and not replies to another persons tweet?
Also, I am mostly using Twitter to follow other people. Now some of them are following me. Is it bad if I never tweet anything?
Also, does anyone else see a direct message but the person I sent it to?

I think that's it for now...still getting the hang of it.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-01-2012, 07:07 PM

In order:

1) The Twitter pages don't provide any real filter options; you get the stream, the whole stream, and nothing but the stream.

2) It may make your followers wonder why they're following you, but no, you don't have to do a minimum number of tweets to retain your account. One person I follow has made two tweets in seven months.

3) DMs go only to the named recipient.

Ads

10-01-2012, 07:07 PM

Check the link and remember, that youtube has some very good software tutorials...