This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can somebody help me? Advice!?
11-09-2012, 11:39 AM
Can somebody help me? Advice!?
I am very shy. I don't do well with big groups. I would
be the loser sitting in the back, alone. Even at family
gatherings. I hate it! No one makes me feel
comfortable and I relized it's just me with the problem!
I dropped out of school due to my depression, and
just other issues. I take full responsibility for my actions and I am currently studying for my GED test so I can find work.

This shyness has been a part of me my whole life! It's
more like social anxiety! At the age of seven I was getting sexually abused and physically abused. Now, instead of my ex-step, father and brother doing it, my
older brother will call me ugly, dumb *****, fat ***, and more.

I really had grown to really dislike my brother. Whenever we talk he insults me! Whenever I be nice he insults me so I began just ignoring him because I am sick of this!

I already want to commit suicide due to me not feeling
loved by this girl I've known for years. Nobody knows
but it hurts me dearly. I want her to forgive me and I
think she can tell how awkward I am.

I would post a simple status up, "I got to baby sit today! Ugh" . I would not get any likes, nothing! My little cousins got more likes than me! Ugh. I de-activated my facebook today because I can't stand this feeling of being ignored!

I need help in order to stop this social anxiety. It follows me in person to ONLINE! It sucks so much! I just want to cry! From me being abused, I don't want to open up to anybody! I already don't open up and people still hurt me! I need help, please! :'( advice! I need to make a change! I am crying now!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 11:47 AM

I'd suggest taking 12 aspirin tablets at once.

Ads

jesus is the answer for all of us. groundwire.net

http://www.lds.org/general-conference/20...e?lang=eng

http://www.lds.org/ensign/2008/09/hope-a...e?lang=eng

http://www.lds.org/general-conference/20...uery=abuse

It may sound strange but you definitely need to change your diet. Eat plenty of fresh salmon or foods infused with Omega 3 fatty acids. Depression and social anxiety are closely linked. Also, get off that social media garbage once you do you will feel much better. Social media is almost an addiction, it is a form of narcissism.

Be true to yourself! You have the strength you need to do whatever it is you want to achieve Smile Be very aware of the various forms of emotional crutches like medication, addiction, narcissism and above all- religion as they will only prolong your pain.

Do you have health insurance? Seeing a therapist can help a lot with depression and social anxiety. There's also the possibility of medication, which can help regulate the neurotransmitters that contribute to feelings of anxiety and depression, and make your symptoms a lot more manageable with cognitive therapy. You shouldn't have to deal with these issues without help.

I hope there is a person around you trust.
Talk to her. It is good that you'd like to overcome this social anxiety.
Perhaps you need professional help,
but I don't know about this in the USA.
Here in Germany it is free.
I hope you get some help. Best wishes for you.

You need Jesus. Well, everybody needs Jesus, but you need Him now. Find a bible and read a gospel. That is my suggestion. Jesus can work a miracle in you.

You're going through a lot of pain, and I'm very sorry to hear that. It's not easy to feel out-of-step with those around you.

I would suggest trying a period of therapy. I know it's not cheap (far from it), but if you live near a university, many have psychology clinics associated with their graduate school's psychology department that will treat you for little or no money. If that's not an option, check out your local mental health services - most counties have SOME plan in place to assist others. You may have to do a little research to find a place, but they ARE out there.

I'd also suggest contacting your doctor. Make an appointment and write down exactly what you've said here to show him/her. You can work together to find something that will help you with the depression and anxiety you're going through.

As to social media: it has its place, but don't let it rule your life. Get out in the REAL world, and do the things you care about. One of the best places in the world to get a little recognition is to do some volunteer work. There are ALWAYS groups out there that can use an extra set of hands; there are NEVER enough people to d all the work that needs to be done. Whatever your personal interests may be, I can promise you that SOMEBODY needs your help. Again, it's not something that you want to allow to dominate your life - a healthy balance is always important to maintain - but you will be among like-minded people doing something you believe in, and that's not a bad place to be.

Best of luck!

I'm going to ask you to open your mind and heart....allow yourself to create some positive energy. .right now, close your eyes and ask Jesus to come into your life and help u overcome the negative energy your family has subjected u to. you have the power within you to turn dark feelings into the light. and shed them when your ready. it works for me. Ive mentally been where your at. i know it sounds crazy, but ... i watched a movie with Eddie Murphy called " Coming to America" maybe you've seen it. Point being ..i liked how he didn't even notice people belittling him and even bulling ( of coarse because he was a prince) but i liked his attitude and I TOOK IT. i armed myself with positive energy and a sense of worthiness and soon i was above the mucky muck. try not bending down to crap. don't engage. ignore and don't acknowledge an insult. once people ( your family ) see this inner strength , why ..you'll be impervious to their insults. love yourself so people can love u too. i ask u to become strong minded so u can self help .