This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What is your opinion of those who flood facebook with pregnancy photos, statuses, apps...?
11-09-2012, 11:58 AM
What is your opinion of those who flood facebook with pregnancy photos, statuses, apps...?
Then once they have the baby, post countless photos of baby for years and years, with statuses soley foc,using on the child, even changing profile photo to baby. Losing their identity in the process?
There's a line, between love and completely losing your identity and letting yourself be consumed by your child. The parent is at risk of not having a life for themselves. When the child moves out, the parent experiences huge boughts of depression and empty nest syndrome. It is not healthy.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 12:07 PM

sounds dumb. i hate facebook and i hate how corporations and adults stole the website. ITS FOR COLLEGE KIDS! frigging idiots.

Ads

Modern day scrap booking.

If that is what they want to do, it is fine. They love their baby. They were excited. That baby will always know that he/she was wanted and loved even before he/she was born. That person identity is still there, but that baby is one of the most important things that has happened in their lives. Nothing wrong with that. If someone doesn't want to see it they can delete them as a friend or make it so it doesn't show up on their page.

I question the person that is having a problem with it. Why does it really bother them? Lives change when you have a baby and when you don't. Things are not always going to be the same. As long as they are not abusing that baby, who cares that they show everyone they LOVE LOVE LOVE this baby.

To a certain extent it is cute because its their child, im sure they want the world to know how beautiful their kids are. There are some people who go way overboard with it and it can get annoying

i dont think its about loosing identity.
i think some people are insanely bored and spend a lot of time on facebook and because they happen to be looking after their children they end up posting about them.
i also get the impression that some people feel they have something to justify or prove to the world so they over post to prove their point but this isnt just done with babies.
its not hurting me and if they want to do that let them get on with it.

I think people can post whatever they want to on their Facebook page, and if someone doesn't like it they can "unfriend" them!

Nobody cares what you post on your page, so why does it bother you so bad what other people post?
If you can't deal with it, delete them.

Maybe one day when you're a parent you'll understand....