This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to get past facebook security check without a cell phone?
11-09-2012, 12:07 PM
How to get past facebook security check without a cell phone?
A week ago I was one Facebook using the Sim Social app and suddenly it closed out of it & took me to this security check screen. It made me identify people in photos which was hard b/c not all of them were real photos, but finally i got past it. now it says:
Please complete a security check
Security checks help keep Facebook trustworthy and free of spam.
Use a phone to verify your account
The phone number you use can only verify one account. Once you enter your number, you'll receive a code that you can enter on Facebook to verify your account.
Your phone number will be added to your Timeline. You'll be able to choose who you share it with. To learn more about how information on your Timeline is used, visit our privacy policy.
***The ONLY things it will let me click on is Log Out OR Enter A Phone Number OR I need help--nothing else & I've tried clicking on the fb button
I don't have a cell phone so is there any way that i can get past this (w/o using a govt issued id either)
I can't use my home # either b/c when i click the 'enter phone # button' it says confirm # by sending me a text. there is no other option and it won't let me uncheck this option either.
Is there anything I can do? Thanks for your help!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 12:15 PM

there is no way to get passed it - you get that screen when facebook detects that you have broken the rules by creating more than one account

Ads

11-09-2012, 12:15 PM

If you see the phone number security screen when you login, you can skip that page by just clicking on one of the other links at the top. There is also a skip link somewhere small, you have to look around for it though.