This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Would you put $200 into a facebook Banner ad? or into Newspaper Ads?
11-09-2012, 12:23 PM
Would you put $200 into a facebook Banner ad? or into Newspaper Ads?
For a small business start launch, which may be more effective? facebook guarantees 1K impressions for $1.63, no click through guarantee, just impressions. Thats 122k impressions.

the newspaper ad will be submitted to various newspapers with a total of 2 million papers sold daily.

Both ads will run for one day and are targeted to age groups and in the health and fitness section.

Any thoughts or experience with this?

Please do not define CPM's and CPC's and all of that, I am already familiar with all these terms.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 12:32 PM

try this site (i've used it): http://finmarket.notlong.com/6AAxuKn

Ads

I would go for the newspaper ad. I own a business and have much more success with newpaper/print ads than internet ads. Many consumers have become "blind" to internet ads because they are bombarded with them everywhere. Think about the last three web pages you have visited -- do you remember a single advertisement you saw? I don't.

I'd go for a newspaper ad - in color (to stand out). I'd also consider local (i.e. community) newspapers in your target area as a better buy if you can select the pages (ie you want to be on the right side of the page somewhere in the bottom right hand corner). Local/Community papers are often read more carefully by subscribers than the larger metropolitan or national papers.

It depends on your product or service you are selling. Facebook advertising can be very targetted as you can select age groups, sex and interests so you can target your advert to those that would be interested. Newspaper advertising is on the decline. If it were me I'd test Facebook first and see how you get on.