This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
So I'm depressed about being single! :(?
11-09-2012, 12:57 PM
So I'm depressed about being single! :(?
i'm so lonely and it hurts so bad sometimes not having that special person there anymore. Me and my ex boyfriend broke up last year during the summer and he's already moved on and i get jealous when i see pictures of his new girlfriend on Facebook .Im happy for him and everything that he's with someone that makes him happy but at the same time i still have feelings for him and i get jealous .No cute guys seem to approach me only the ugly ones. All my friends have boyfriends and it sucks being the single one in the group. I don't know what to do anymore. I cry myself every night listening to depressing songs and pray to god to make someone attractive / great personality fall for me .But it never works i hate seeing people at my school holding hands and kissing and everything i feel such a loser for being single .I just want to be in a relationship so bad so the person could understand me and love me for who i am .I feel so neglected .My parents never gave me attention when i was younger .My own mother calls me a loser cause i have social anxiety disorder and im bipolar .I feel like i won't find anyone ever cause how people are these days and i know its not the end of the world for that but i feel like i wot find anyone perfect for me .Im not attention sneeker maybe i am ..What do u think i should do ?btw im not ugly i get compliments from people saying im pretty and they like how i do my makeup etc.Im 16 by the way

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 01:05 PM

Are you serious? I'm 29 and single. Shut up.

Ads

OK. A couple of things:

Your mother is incompetent at being a mother and you need to stop listening to what she says.

You're OK being single. You need to work on being happy within yourself before you will be able to find a meaningful relationship. Unfortunately, that may have to wait until you can get away from your mother and the douchbags at your school. It is what it is.

You're 16. It does get better.

Focus on school, trust me if you were in a relationship and you broke up.. you would be even more depressed.

Don't worry about what other people think.

Cheer up.

They're other people who are like 50 yrs old and single...
they're sleeping well.

hey this is the 21st century, you dont have to wait for the guys to come to you anymore.
social anxiety sucks. been there done that. im better now, though, and if you work on it you can be too. your mom sucks for telling you that you are a loser. you are not a loser. unless you lose things all the time that is. then you are literally a loser. but otherwise you are not, because life is not a game with winners and losers, all that crap is just an illusion.

just try to be happy, and if having a new boyfriend will make you happy, then get a new boyfriend.

I honestly wouldn't worry about it too much. When your single it almost seems like EVERYONE is taken... I would know. If you don't think about it for a while you will notice people who have nothing wrong with them and are single. You aren't alone. Try to stay occupied for a little and you will start to see the dating world more available to you. Hope I helped...

I thought i felt the same way until i saw my best friend making out with her "boyfriend". after that i was like "Um no thanks. Ill pass."

I know how yu feel. I'm in love with someone who may never know i exist.

You're 16 years old. You are too young to worry about being single forever. You have a lot of different things ahead of you. Focus on what's important like graduating high school and making something of yourself. If someone special appears along the way, then awesome. Good for you. Calm down though. Also, you shouldn't have to doll yourself up all the time or worry about "being pretty" either because that's not the point of a relationship. You want someone who likes you for who you are and not what you look like. If you think that you'll stay with a guy forever based on looks, then you have a lot to think about and you're not mature enough for a relationship anyway. Lasting relationships are about the two of you and how you make each other feel.
You are worrying way too much about this at 16. Just be happy and worry about making yourself happy first! Everything will work out as it should Smile

Babe i know exactly what you feel! and im going through the same thing!!
its OK to be single! it really is. im single and im 18. ive been through what your going through and i can promiss you one thing, you cannot force love! you cannot force someone to love you, or for you to love them either! its something that just happens when you least expect it most.
i've been told this so many times its crazyy and i dont blame you if your probably reading this now saying that its all bull sh*t and all because i said the exact same thing! but ive learned to accept the fact that its actually true. and when i look back now i realize that all the times i did ahve someone who loved me it was never forced and always came when i least expected it Smile
stop trying to look for love! it will find you
in the meantime, you need to do things that you love and that make you happy! once you are happy and you understand that you need to be happy and content with yourself before someone can enter your life better things will come to you! and i promiss that!!!
im sure you are a beautiful girl, dont listen to your mother! you are not a looser!!!
goodluck with everything cutie! i promiss things wil get better once you learn to accept everything ive stated Smile message me if theres every anythig you want to talk about! <3

WOW! I'm in the same situation! It's nothing to get deppressed about though, but I hear what you're saying. My situation is the same as yours, except for being depressed. I want a girlfriend so bad, but it's been so long, that I've forgotten how to talk to girls, and I'm scared that they'll think I'm weird, especially if they have a boyfriend. And I am afraid she'll think I'm a loser, 'cuz IDK how to take care of myself, and I don't have a license. People keep telling me, when the time comes, you will find one, but I feel like I'm never gonna get one!
And girl who DOESN'T want to date an ugly guy? LOL, that's amazing!
I'm a cute guy. I wouldn't mind dating you. You sound cool. Smile If I knew you in person, I probably would. I would recommend trying to form a relationship with someone online even if they live in another country, not like a dating site, but here on Yahoo Answers or Facebook. It's not the same, but at least it will make you feel better that someone loves you. But then you get really anxious, 'cuz you wanna meet them so bad, but you can't, which isn't good for your health. I've just given up though on finding a girl in real life, and just use the internet. I have a crush on one right now actually. This is my third real online crush so far. Wink Even if she just wants to be friends, it's really nice to have a girl to talk to, who actually cares about you and likes talking to you, and won't judge you. Like I said, it's been so long, that I've just forgotten how to talk to girls. It's not like grade school, where a girl would be nice to me, stand up for me, and we would go out. Those times have ended, and I don't even know where to begin. But when I talk to them online, I feel more comfortable, 'cuz I know they likes for who I am, but I am also worried about what she would think of me, if we met. But if she likes me online, I don't see any reason why she wouldn't like me in real life. At least I know online, that she likes my personality, and doesn't care about my looks or my voice. Those are the kinds of girls I like. Smile People tell me I have no self confidence, this is from years of being bullied and made fun of by both guys and girls. It had a pernament psychological effect on me, and I am afarid to talk to people now, because I am scared it'll happend again, or they'll think I'm weird. I'm a f***ing loser!
Anyways, you seem like a really nice girl, and kind of shy and self conscious like me.
If you want, I'll give you my e-mail address, and we can chat, and get to know eachother more. Smile it might help us both.

Take care, and don't be depressed