This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
If I were a poll clerk for the elections- would I need to remove myself from any political groups on Facebook?
11-09-2012, 01:18 PM
If I were a poll clerk for the elections- would I need to remove myself from any political groups on Facebook?
As well as any local political members? If you could advise me that would be great rather than just a yes/no answer.
Please could you also let me know where you have gained your information. Would be interested to hear from past and present poll clerks about this as well.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 01:26 PM

No, I don't see why. There's no electioneering permitted at the polls, but that's not at the polls. You're not expected to be apolitical. You're just expected to not show it there.

Ads

yes hi im only learning this now after 29 years of doing poll clerk. I would remove your account on facebook.

I'm standing for the local elections on May 1st in the ward of Ciliau Aeron in Ceredigion and therefore have several poll clerks as potential constituents. When I go to see them, I introduce myself and say "Look forward to seeing you on Polling Day" without asking their political opinions.

With regard to yourself, I think it wouldn't be such a bad idea to remove your membership (as a precautionary measure) and then rejoin them after the elections.