This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How old should you be to have a facebook?
11-09-2012, 04:54 PM
How old should you be to have a facebook?
I'm 12 years old and every single one of my friends have a facebook, but of course, mom won't let me. how old do you think you should have to be to have one and how can i convince her to let me have one?
I'm a good kid at home and at school, I'm an athlete, and I get all A's, no exaggeration.
Help please! for the sake of my social being! (lol)

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 05:02 PM

Everyone has a face. Nobody NEEDS a Facebook page.
I would suggest not getting one. They are boring and terrible.

Ads

you need to be at least 4

Facebook has no age issues. As long as you can use a computer and the internet you are free to use it.
First of all convince your mom, let her sit down with you whilst you use the facebook. There is no adult material in it. Show her a couple of her own relatives, family members over the Facebook. Get her an account as well (incase she does not have one) Tell her that you will socialize with just your friends at the moment to break the ice. Parents are worried about their children, scared that they might fall in the wrong trap as the internet can be a very dangerous place. Rest on your luck, Good luck with your mom, see you soon on facebook. :o)

Cheers!

sneak it. just delete the history when your done

facebook is not for kids but im a kid myself, all my mates have facebook and i do feel a bit left out when they talk about, although my best mate and me are not allowed by our mums , be different, im just like you, get a's, good kid(most of the time, lol)
i tried everything to convince my mum but she said there are rapers and why be on facebook when you could chat to your friends on the phone?

p.s. soz, im not american, i live in britian and i say mum not mom
no offence. happy new year!

oh just get one if you really need one, ask your dad rather than your mum

Are you asking your mom to allow you to break rules.
Nothing at all to do with your behavior or abilities

13 is when they say you can start a fb but its ok. Tell your mom that if you have a facebook then you will only talk to your friends and if you don't know the person or if their a staranger, then you will ignore. She can make a fb too and add you so she knows that your safe

I got my first facebook page when I was your age. There is nothing dangerous about it, just add people you know. And don't give out too much information. It is a safe site otherwise...