This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is it ok for an 11 year old to have a facebook with parent permission?
11-09-2012, 05:00 PM
Is it ok for an 11 year old to have a facebook with parent permission?
Is it alright for an 11 year old to have a Facebook if the child's parents watch there Facebook to make sure there doing safe things and following the rules?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 05:08 PM

yeah

Ads

yeah

yes for his own safety but evryone needs privacy..

Don't you think that's the parent's decision?

I think there are a lot of ways a kid can get hurt on FB (relationships, humiliation from privacy issues, etc), but they can get hurt just the same simply by going to school.

I think 11 is quite young, however, it could teach them how to properly handle themselves online if it is guided by a parent and closely monitored.

My opinion.

its safe but personally i hate when young kids have facebook they just annoy everyone!!!!

I believe it would be. You have to pay a lot of attention though, and have a look at all of the privacy settings!

Its a social network site its ok for anyone to have. Its learning who and what to watch for. For example 30+ women requests and a 40+ man requests. Youd be more willing physcolodgically to accept thr women. Yet the man may have just made a mistake it important to ask the right questions. Personally i dont add anyone on mine unless i know them and my daughter is too young fir it

No, you're not allowed to be 11, even with parental permission. This is from Facebook's Privacy
Policy:
No information from children under age 13. If you are under age 13, please do not attempt to register for Facebook or provide any personal information about yourself to us. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from a child under age 13, please contact us through this help page.

Nope its illegal, expect an FBI van outside your home within 24 hours.