This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How can i sway my parents to let me get a facebook?
11-09-2012, 05:02 PM
How can i sway my parents to let me get a facebook?
I'm an eighth grader and all of my friends have facebooks,and i've heard it's better and safer to use a facebook instead of myspace,my parents have one to talk with their friends.(hypocrites) but the reason why they wouldn't let me have one is because my older sister did things on myspace they won't tell me about,so it must've been pretty bad.I seriously need to know how to persuade them!!!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 05:11 PM

well since they have facebooks, they can be your friends and they can see what your doing on your facebook. so they can somewhat monitor you. they can't, however read your inbox. thats the only thing, so you will have some privacy

Ads

just lie to there faces and make on in private

Just tell them that you will let them log onto your facebook to see what you are doing.

Get one, how will they ever know?
Or tell them your password to it and they can check it. I mean what's the big deal about a Facebook anyway?

bahahaahahahaa

I'll help you out. Big Grin Tell them you are ready to have an online account to keep in touch with friends you may not see again for a long time. And if they pull the parent card--well I bought you a phone blah blah blah--You have to tell them and make them understand that you are not going to repeat those actions. AND to sweeten the deal you can tell them you will make your account unsearchable. It shouldn't be that much of a problem because Facebook has kids of ALL ages. It is for EVERYONE, I hope this helps.

keep dropping hints about letting you have a facebook and I agree my parents wont let me have one either but i try

tell them that you understand right from wrong and you aren't your sister. You've learned from your sister's mistakes and are responsible enough to handle it. adults who praise, watch out for, but trust have more successful, knowledgeable kids. there are privacy settings you could set. make an agreement with your parents. maybe they should be able to moniter your conversations. You could agree not to post real pictures or have to get permission to add or accept someone as a friend. One of those rules(hopefully not all) might persuade them to let you. They aren't fun rules but having a boring facebook is better than not having one at all.

Tell them it is much, much safer than MySpace.
Tell them you can set your profile to super, super private.
Give them your username, email, and password, just so they can check up on you if they really feel like they can't trust you!