This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Could I get expelled from school for something that happened on Facebook?
11-09-2012, 05:09 PM
Could I get expelled from school for something that happened on Facebook?
A massive argment happened on Facebook..One of the girls mothers are going to come up the school to get me removed from the school. The argument on Facebook happened outside school hours which does tend to mean that the school can't do anything about it!

Could I be expelled from my school?? As I've done nothing wrong actually inside school..
It was just a normal bitchy teenage argument..The other two girls said much worse than me and my friend.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 05:18 PM

Dude, the internet is the most serious of serious business, you're screwed. Hope you enjoy a life-long career at Wal-Mart.

Ads

If you've done nothing at the school itself, then they can do nothing about removing you from it. However, they can have you on a tighter watch, and the teachers and principals may be watching you more closely. Don't worry about being expelled though you're fine.

Were you bullying someone? Were you being offensive? If it's just a normal fight, nothing should happen, unless you go to a ridiculously strict school. However, if you were being a total douche, instigating fights, bullying, or making crude Photoshops, you might want to fear for your education.

Depends what the situation is but if your "Arguing" then no.
Reason why? They have nothing to do with it.
If they do then they certainly will not expel just tell you to remove the person or will just tell the other girl to delete you.

Smile

No you won't get expelled seeing it was a fight not an incident where you yourself targeted them... I once was in a fight with someone and told them i hope they died painfull and the mum came to the school and guess what? I didnt get in trouble because it was just a fight on facebook so your fine mate (:

No you can't be expelled from school. They don't have the power to do anything to you if it doesn't have anything to do with school or if its not on school property. While your at school don't taunt her or try to start a fight or a argument or you will get in trouble. Be careful because the teachers might be watching you two more if they are told about the fight

In the past it was true that what happened outside of school stayed outside of school. However, with the advent of the internet this is no longer true. Bullying can happen outside of school on the internet. Schools are being charged with stopping bullying. So if you were doing anything that could be considered bullying you could be in big trouble. Now if you were just arguing about one song being a better song than another one or something that was a difference of opinion, you are fine. If you made any personal comments about the other person you could be in a bad situation. Since a parent is getting involved, it will probably involve your parents also.

It really depends on the school, and it can also depend on exactly what you did on Facebook. Some schools refuse to deal with things that happen on Facebook. Others take such things extremely seriously.

A school really can take action on something that happens outside of school. Depending on what you said, the punishment could be up through expulsion.

You need to talk to your parents and get their help on this. Tell them *now*, before the school does. It's best if they hear that something might happen from you, rather than from the school.

If it's serious and about school subjects, you could get into trouble, not expelled I don't think x