This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do I create a Facebook "Group" not the kind of group you're thinking of?
11-09-2012, 05:25 PM
How do I create a Facebook "Group" not the kind of group you're thinking of?
No it is not the group that you are thinking. For example, my uncle, aunt, mother, father, etc. recently forced me to add them on Facebook. I need to know how to create a single group to add them to called "family" that I can block from seeing my photos/wall posts.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 05:33 PM

Ik there's a way....I just know it by heart

Ads

those are called "lists"

but you can just add them to your restricted list if you want - that will accomplish the same thing

but here's how to make custom lists

http://abrax.us/Facebook/UsingLists.php

It's not a group. It's called a friends list. To make one, go to your homepage, find the "Friends" on the left sidebar. Click on it. When you click on it, all of the friends list that you previously made and the default ones by Facebook will appear. On the upper right, there will be a tab + Create List. Here you can make a new list specifically for your family members. Likewise, Facebook has a default "Family" list. When creating a post, you could customize it to hide it from them by clicking "custom" and "hide this from" and enter "Family".

Or if you prefer it to be easier, put your family members in your "Restricted" list. They won't be able to see any post from you except for posts which you made public.