This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do you move on from a bad breakup?
11-09-2012, 05:25 PM
How do you move on from a bad breakup?
How do you move on when you break up with someone you've been in a relationship with for 4 years? Even if you loved him so much, he doesn't want to be friends. How does a girl possibly move on?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 05:34 PM

There is life after a relationship.

You just have to work at it.

Right now, you're simply focusing on him, (if you doubt me, re-read your question), STOP THAT!

The longer you stay focused on him, the longer you trap yourself in a dead relationship.

FIND SOMETHING ELSE to be involved in. Church, a club, dancing, your job, school, reading, quit thinking about HIM.

You built a life around him, it's dead....gone. Start a new life, meet new friends, date other guys, spend time with your family.

Give yourself some time, and a break.

Sorry

Luck

Ads

the only way is to find somw one else that interests you and doesn't remind you of him

There will always be someone better out there. Go find him.

I am in the same situation right now and it was four years as well.time is the only thing that will help.and maybe trying to find a nice guy.

i think u just have to Let go,though it's a very long relationship but ur not gonna spend all ur life thinking about him.make this your Design 4 the new year.good luck and happy new year.

by closing her eyes and saying...well this isnt so bad, who needs jerks anyway??? just see what u wanna do in life and make goals...take up guitar, create a dance rutine, paint Smile whatever u wanna do! just kepp looking and keep an open mind and u will find someone, excet it's not like that-u find eachother...promise if u just be urself, know what u want, and keep ur head high it will all work out for the better...good luck Smile)

Same problem! Okay.. I am still not over him after 6 months but what has helped me is RUNNING Smile
I joined a cross country team! It makes everything so much easier. It makes you stronger and free. You can also make new friends and it takes up more of your time which truly dont need. If running doesnt sound appealing.. try something uve never done before like sining or dance.. Or if you have try a harder level of it! Get into it.. It helps greatly (:
Good luck

Time heals all. Unfortunately it can take a lot of time before you start feeling better. You never can completely move on from a 4 year relationship, or from any relationship that was significant to you. But you can start to feel better, gradually, and in degrees, over time.

For me, it has taken months to get over a really BAD breakup. I tried everything. I took a vacation for two weeks (thought about him the whole time). I tried writing my thoughts out. I cried to my friends and my mother. I partied (which made me feel a lot worse, actually). But then after 9 months I met my current boyfriend. Just remember... you can find love again, and you will move on and be happy.

What worked possibly the best for me was: 1. reading stuff that kept my mind off how hurt I was. Personally, I love gossip magazines and girly drugstore novels. Even if it's trash, it worked as a distraction. 2. cutting off all communication with the guy. No facebook, myspace, chat, etc. I know it's tough but it's the only way.

I hope this helps on some level

You just live with the pain, and with the loss.Nothing said or done can make it easier even if you get yourself a new bf.The good news is time heals almost everything.