This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is it weird to have a reception weeks after you get married?
11-09-2012, 07:18 PM
Is it weird to have a reception weeks after you get married?
We are having a private wedding. Not everyone in our families would be invited. The reception would be for everyone (extended family, friends).

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 07:27 PM

NOT WEIRD AT ALL, ALOT OF PEOPLE DO IT, EVEN THOUGHT ITS PEOPLE YOU MAY NOT KNOW, THEY DO DO IT. WHO CARES WHAT THEY SAY JUST DO IT

Ads

Yes it is.

its not typical but i dont think its wierd , your day your choice

why not after the wedding
its more traditional

Some people would do this if they were having a private ceremony. It's becoming a tradition in my friend's family that they elope in Vegas or Florida and have a reception when they come home. But inviting everyone to the ceremony and then inviting them to a reception a few weeks later would be pretty weird, I'd only go to one.

Yes it is. The reception is held the same day as the wedding, no later than a hour after the ceremony. It doesn't matter if the ceremony was private or not. Any party that you may have later will not be the reception, but rather a celebration of your marriage.

It's not weird at all. Call it a celebration. Many people have a private wedding and a big party after they return from the honeymoon.

I think it's perfectly fine. A lot of people do this who are having destination weddings...they celebrate their wedding, take their honeymoon and then come home and throw a reception for their family and friends who couldn't be there. It's totally fine.

Yes it is weird. If you're excluding extended family/friends from the wedding, why even have a reception? You want gifts? Of course. The reception you're planning is tacky. Your family/friends are likely to be upset that you did not want to include them in your big day.