This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Should a 12 yr old almost 13 have a Facebook?
11-09-2012, 07:51 PM
Should a 12 yr old almost 13 have a Facebook?
My little sister wants a facebook really bad but my parents wont let her because she is to young.I think the age is 13 to have a facebook.Tell me what u think because i am going to show my parents if more ppl think she should or shouldnt...

P.S she is really responsible

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 08:00 PM

If she is a good school student and responsible and won't get into trouble with anything then yea!

Ads

No because all you little kids abuse it and just use it to make fun of each other. Go back to passing notes in class.

Do what your parents say. They care about you a lot more than I do.

I helped my 11 year old grandson make one. Just don't use a photo of them (my grandson uses a pic of my cat) and set EVERYTHING to private. He is only allowed to have as friends people we know and it has to be ok'd by me. now he can stay in touch with his favorite cousins who live in two other states. I have his passwords as well.

If you want to convince your parents then they should have her password as well and know how to use facebook so they can make sure it is not used inappropriately (less concern for your sister to be the offender than other people).

I think 13-14 is a good age to get one. You'll be more mature by then, and at 13/14, it's important to keep a balance of social health in your life. Tell your sister to dream on...she's way too young. If she's 12 and already wants a facebook, who knows what she'll do at a later age? Make sure she's really ready for one when you decide to give her one. Can she handle it? Will she still focus on school? Is she responsible enough? And is she even interacting with the right people on there? You have to monitor what she's doing...Or you'll lose her completely. She's got her head way up in the clouds. I'm 13, and plan on getting a Facebook in high school.

I don't think that letting her have one is a problem. I just recommend that the parents are friends with her so they can see a little of what they are doing. Once the parents see that she is not doing anything wrong then i say leave her alone, she might surprise you and not do anything wrong at all

LEGALLY Facebook and Yahoo Answers REQUIRES that all users be at least 13 and I personally think 13 is far too young.

Facebook's Statement of Rights and Responsibilities says that you need to be 13 years old to have an account on Facebook.

For more information, follow the link in the source.