This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is it a good idea to come out gay on Facebook?
11-09-2012, 08:16 PM
Is it a good idea to come out gay on Facebook?
Okay, i'm 16 male and gay..i'm out to my family, and my closest friends, whom are all either okay with it and nothing has changed, or 100 supportive...but when it comes to school, i'm super scared to come out but i want everybody to know so i can just be myself and not have to lie to myself and everybody around me...is it a good idea to come out on facebook so i don't have to tell anybody? (Telling people is one of the reasons that are holding me back) or should i just tell my friends to spread the news?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 08:25 PM

I recently came out to my peers, and it turns out they're talking to me more and including me in more things, so I think you should :3 Good Luck!!!

Ads

thats what i did, and it went well, but if u do, you are going to have to talk to EVERYONE! the next day Tongue but its worth it, also if you got your friends and family support, dont worry what others will think of you! you have support Smile

hahahaha That is how I came-out and I am 23, I got tons and tons of positive feedback from it..except for the few who don't believe me haha..yeah bro, do it. u have nothing to lose

There will be some idiots that will make jokes at your expense and ridicule you...but they dont matter do it and live you life to the fullest...be proud of who you are...those who dont accept it arent worthy of your time! Good luck! Smile

Definitely do it. That's what I did. But if you don't want someone to see it, just set it so they can't see that status

i would facebook it.

Im only out to. Few friends and three cousins. I recently became friends with a bisexual on facebook and asked her if i shud come out...in the end i just ended up putting i was Bi. So far no one has said anything to meSmile but i guess im kinda out then.

Yes u shud just pu it on fb. Thats y i put it so i didnt hav to make a whole speach

Only if you want the entire world to know. It seems that Facebook can do anything they want with you postings. I'm thinking of dropping my Facebook profile and everything else.