This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Would you allow an agency that had the compassion of the IRS make health care decisions for you?
11-09-2012, 08:18 PM
Would you allow an agency that had the compassion of the IRS make health care decisions for you?
How about your Dept of Motor Vehicle employees? Maybe an Amtrak employee? How qualified should one be to make life and death decisions about people's lives? How about a government employee Twittering on his or her cellphone while deciding if you should have your appendix out?
Now I'm wondering something else. Where will Canadians go for urgent and life saving treatment if Obama's Health Care passes?
They've always been coming to the US.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 08:26 PM

Like HMO's?? Why do you believe an HMO lackey has ANY compassion? Further, if you think our government has such horrible compassion, why haven't you spent your time ranting against Medicare and VA benefits? Why has your own party repeatedly accepted and championed the VA and Medicare?

Ads

ABSOLUTELY NOT

no....obama compared it to the post office & said it's doing fine...well, the post office is having to remove those blue mail collection boxes because it costs too much for pick up & they are closing the post offices in some/many small towns because they can't afford to stay open.....sounds like they're doing great, huh?

obama health scare is going to do as well as the post office? yay.

IT's better than having no care at all. The leading cause of homelessness is pricey hospital bills.

They are good at giving a high colonic!

You mean the same organization that currently runs MEDICARE AND MEDICAID. People on that seem to love it. Jesus christ people THINK.

You already do. You allow lackeys at the HMOs who are more concerned about the bottom line than they are about your health make these decisions for you.

http://ca.answers.yahoo.com/question/ind...811AA43TqZ

I do. I live in the UK and my life has been saved by government run healthcare. And my family have never had treatment refused.

I do not understand why so many Americans have fallen for lies about healthcare in the USA, abroad and also the planned reforms [1]. I mean, if the healthcare system in the USA is so good, why have no other nations taken it up? Could it be due to the following facts?
FACT - the USA spends more on healthcare PER PERSON than any other nation on the planet [2].
FACT - the US has higher death rates for kids under five than western European countries with universal health coverage [3].
Or if the US healthcare system is run so well, why not run the fire service like the healthcare system? [4]
Maybe that is because in the USA, insurance companies push up costs, buy politicians and refuse to pay claims that people pay for [5]. (Look up Wendell Potter on YouTube to hear more if the link below is too long.)
Obama wants to make insurance cheaper, stop insurance companies from refusing health coverage to those with pre-existing conditions, and make sure they pay out when they are meant to [6], a system similar to that which works in Taiwan [7]. He debated this before he was elected [8].
Is it right that a dead American four year old would have had a better chance of life if they were born in Canada, Cuba, Germany and so many other industrialised nations with universal healthcare?
If you think my arguments are wrong, e-mail me with proof. But if you can not, let Obama try to help America. If he fails, vote him out in 2012.

Pretty ridiculous argument. I wouldn't want a surgeon to do my accounting, or a medical researcher to drive a train, or an orderly to run the weather computer either. Any job requires proper training, testing, quality control, and certification.

I've often had Blue Cross bureaucrats question my doctor's decisions (can't prescribe certain drugs unless you've documented that one of four others won't work, etc.), but never has my mother had an issue with her Medicare.