This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Have you ever placed an ad to find a birthparent?
11-09-2012, 08:23 PM
Have you ever placed an ad to find a birthparent?
I just saw that Facebook has free advertising. You can even regulate the ad to be displayed to whatever age group, location, or gender you want. Do you think it's worth a try to find my birthmother and brother?
Well, there might be a small fee. But think of all the people you'd reach.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 08:32 PM

My niece (brother's child) was placed for adoption 19 years ago and I wish we could find her. If your birth family is looking for you they might come across your ad. Stranger things have happened!

Ads

Yes, it's worth the chance as people do find family members on social networking sites. As much as I dislike adoption.com it's also worth going on there if you haven't yet. I have managed to help a few British people on there and I know there are other success stories on a.com.

It is worth a few dollars to try.

We have tried that once.
Wouldn't do it again.
It made me feel slimy at the time and I should I have listened to my gut.
If it's meant to be...then it will be.

P.S. You don't find birtharents. You find parents. Birthparents ONLY APPLY post adoption.

ETA: Incredibly poor understanding of the question. My apologies and bring on the TD...deserved for sure!

Yes. Every year on my birthday for around 19 years.

I had more success with registries and private investigators though. Others get lucky and find their people with ads though so yes, it's worth it.

Best of luck.

Hi VMarie84,

Yes, I think it would be worth it to try that, especially since they can narrow down the demographics for you. There's a very wide potential audience there. One of them could be one of your relatives. Almost everybody has a Facebook account these days or knows someone who does. The more exposure you get, the more likely you will find who you are looking for. If I were you, I would try every avenue possible. Don't forget to register on International Soundex Reunion Registry too. It's also free. (That's how I was reconnected with my family members.) I wish you the best of luck!

julie j
reunited adult adoptee

I'd say go for it, if it's something you can afford, but also, try not to pin all of your hopes on it.

I found my bfam on Facebook after ten years of plastering my details on to every free "adoptee list" I could find.

Good luck - and trust me, from someone who's been in reunion for a few months, GET COUNSELLING! Smile