This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What ar eyour thoughts about the dad who shot his daughter's laptop?
11-09-2012, 08:26 PM
What ar eyour thoughts about the dad who shot his daughter's laptop?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kl1ujzRid...re=related

Personally, I think he derserves Kudos. Parents, what are your thoughts? Agree or disagree?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 08:35 PM

well it was a bit dranstic...but he did tell her in the heat of anger in the past he would put a bullet through her laptop if she did it again....so I say good for him he followed through!!!!!

Ads

As I have said before, it was extreme. We don't know enough about the situation to pass judgment on whether or not extreme was the best alternative. An eight minute video is a tiny, tiny window into someones life.

However, he mentions that he had presented this consequence in regards to a previous similar experience with his child. He followed through and deserves credit for that.

It's over the top.

Well I guess she won't post such Bull of FB anymore!

I think he did the right thing. She aired their dirty laundry so he did too. It's time for more parents to stand up and have his kind of guts.

Daddy don't play!

way to go dad!
i'd of done the same thing, but since i dont have a gun, i'd used a bat.

Bravo Daddyo !!!!
that will fix her !!

Disagree. Parenting isn't about getting a child to do what you want. It is about raising a child into becoming a healthy, happy, stable adult. What is the purpose of his discipline? What did she do wrong? It appears that she was being a typical teenager and ranting about her parents to her friends. She may have even been PMSing. She felt safe expressing her feelings because she used facebook privacy settings to lock her parents out of seeing her status. What she said was never meant for the whole world to see. Mentally healthy people need to blow off steam every now and again to their friends. Her father then hacked her account and saw a post that was not meant for him to see. If a father publicly humiliates his daughter by opening up his facebook wall to the public, posting a video on youtube, and puts his daughter in danger of being bullied by her classmates, being bullied by strangers on the internet, does that make him a good parent? Worse yet, by making his privacy settings public and by having other videos on his youtube account, a person can easily figure out where she lives, where she goes to school, where she goes to church, who her relatives are, and where her parents work. The way people are talking about her, it worries me that the whole world has that information. Parenting is also about keeping your child safe. A firearm is not a parenting tool, and neither is public humiliation.

im not a parent..but he did the right thing...the laptop was a prob..remove the problem problem solved.