This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What if I like my private life, why should I join Facebook?
11-09-2012, 08:26 PM
What if I like my private life, why should I join Facebook?
So my relatives are still begging me to join Facebook. But why can't we just call each other on the phone? I dont get it? Why don't we just e-mail? I dont see why I should join Facebook?? Please, I need an answer.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 08:35 PM

I think they're pushing so hard for you to get one simply because everyone has Facebook these days. And communication over it is super quick and relatively easy

Ads

It's kind of fun to see peoples pictures and what not but if you don't want to, then don't. It's not the end of the world.

Because facebook is like a web, and it makes communication within the web very simple, but if you're outside of the web then it creates difficulty most people won't bother with. But personally, I think the Internet is sucking creativity and life from people, we might as well be machines. But that's my reason for not using it Smile

If you join, you don't necessarily have to chat with them all the time or update your status with everything that's going on with your life at that moment. My friend begged me to join, and my half sister and half brother who I haven't seen since I was 4 and who I was looking for for several years found me, and friends that I haven't seen since I was in elementary school are keeping in touch. It can be a good thing if you want it to be.

Facebook, like most other social networking sites, it just a fast and easy way to connect with a lot of people. You can send group messages, chat people ( which is kind of a joke, seeing as it doesn't work half the time ), post and see pictures, and just learn about other people. Though calling may work, sometimes it's just easier to chat the person what you want to say if they're online. And sure, emailing may work for you, but if your family is really bothering you about joining Facebook, how much do you want to bet they check their Facebook way before their email? Plus, you can always kill time playing the little applications and annoying family and friends by sending application requests. You'd also be surprised at how many people you can connect with and find, old classmates, lost friends, and even family members you lost contact with years ago. Basically it's just a faster way of communication and nice way to catch up people.

If you don't want to don't do it. If social pressure gets you, make sure you run this little web app http://www.reclaimprivacy.org/ . It makes sure that your privacy settings are set to the highest so that your Facebook is as private as it gets.